Samsung is officially entering the under 10K smartphone market in 2019. Till now many smartphone makers have made smartphones under 10K: Xiaomi, Otto, Colors, etc. But the only phone that stood out as something that was worth your money was Xiaomi’s Redmi Go. There were a couple of others worth mentioning which we have listed in our best smartphones under 10K list. You should go check it out.
But now, Samsung has released its contender for the best smartphone under 10K and its called Samsung Galaxy A2 Core. Even though it’s been around a year since its first release, it’s still a considerable option if you’re on a tight budget. With holi just around the corner, Samsung has slashed Rs 500 on the phone and its somewhat become a little a bit more desirable.
Samsung Galaxy A2 core comes with 5.0 inch 540 x 960 pixels 16:9 aspect ratio screen. Not getting an HD screen is normal for phones at this price. However, Redmi Go and some other phones on the best smartphone under 10K list have an HD display around this price. The back of the phone is made up of plastic. So, you won’t get a premium feel with this phone but it’s under 10K. Talking about the back, there is no fingerprint sensor on the phone.
Samsung Galaxy A2 core Key Specifications
- Display: 5.0 inches
- Resolution: 540 x 960 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~220 ppi density)
- Chipset: Exynos 7870 Octa (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-T830 MP1
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo (Android Go edition)
- Memory: 16GB internal storage, 1GB RAM (expandable using microSD card slot up to 256GB)
- Primary Camera: 5MP, f/1.9, AF
- Secondary Camera: 5 MP, f/2.2
- Battery: Non-removable 2600 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy A2 core Price in Nepal: Rs.
8,999 Rs 8,499
Inside, the phone packs an Exynos 7870 processor. This is the same processor found on the Galaxy M10. So I don’t think we have to worry much about the performance of this phone. However, there is only 1GB RAM. This means the phone can handle normal apps like Facebook and Instagram well but multitasking will suffer. Samsung Galaxy A2 core comes pre-installed with Android Go which is a leaner version of Android designed just for low powered devices like these.
Android one is light on resources and uses less space on the internal storage. This is the same OS used in Redmi Go. So I am expecting some decent fluidity in UI navigation.
At the back, Samsung Galaxy A2 core has a 5MP single shooter and at the front, there’s a 5MP. We will have to test these cameras ourselves to give you a clear verdict about their performance. But I don’t expect much from budget smartphone cameras, especially 5MP ones.
The phone ships with 16GB of internal storage. This is more than what Redmi Go offers (8GB). But if you take lost of pictures, you’ll have to spend some cash on a memory card even with this storage. 2600 mAh battery will probably help you last a full day considering you are a light user. And basically, what are you going to use this phone for? Playing games?
For Rs. 8,499, Samsung Galaxy A2 core is a good phone. It ticks all the right boxes, it has a good processor, it has a good OS, it has large storage. But considering the current smartphone scenario, the A2 is a bit further behind. Phones have moved on a lot nowadays. Even phones in these segments have become surprisingly powerful and innovative. Redmi Go could be a better alternative if you’re looking for something else though. So, this summer, if you are buying a new phone under 10K, don’t forget to check out Samsung Galaxy A2 core.
- Samsung Drops the Price of Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and 3 Other Smartphones in NepalRecently, Samsung hiked prices on some of the smartphones due to inflation and other consequences…
- iPhone SE (2020) Available for Pre-booking in Nepal – Price Starts at Rs. 73,000iPhone SE 2020 is a sequel to the first iPhone SE which was launched in…
- Samsung A21s with Exynos 850 and HD+ Screen to Launch in Nepal SoonSamsung Galaxy A21s was launched last month in India. And, now it’s heading to Nepal.…