Samsung has started the new decade by refreshing its lineup of mid-range phones. A-series has primarily been the center of focus in this revitalization phase. Out of the A-series phones, A71 seems to be the most interesting; credits to its captivating attributes.
Samsung is being a little weird with the naming conventions on their phones. The S20 for instance was one of the examples of the uncanny naming convention from Samsung. The A71 may be just another one of those mysterious naming conventions that’s connected to an Easter Egg. So, try to watch out for those eggs when you browse through the specifications of the A71.
A Quick Look at Samsung A71
The design aspect for Samsung is kind of fixed for this year. The typical midrange outlook has changed a little bit and infinity-O setup on the front and the L shaped rectangular camera box have sort of become the trend for Samsung Mid-rangers. The external build is still glastic and there’s no sign of metal on the chassis which makes it slightly less appealing. The IP certification is absent as well, which is kind of disheartening.
Next up, in the display front the phone flaunts a 6.7” Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen which comes in with FHD+ resolution. The screen to body ratio is also pretty well maintained (~87.2%) thanks to the new Infinity-O setup. The pixel density is around 393 ppi which is pretty good too.
Samsung Galaxy A71 Specifications
- Display: 6.7-inches “Infinity-O” Super AMOLED Plus panel with FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) resolution.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730 (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Internals: 8/128GB (expandable up to 512GB via a microSD card)
- Rear Camera: Quad-camera;
– 64 MP, f/2.0 primary shooter
– 5MP, f/2.4 macro lens
– 12MP, f/2.2 Ultra-wide lens
– 5MP, f/2.2 depth sensor
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.2 aperture, (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Battery: 4500 mAh with 25W Quick Charge
Samsung A71 Price in Nepal: Rs 49,999
Diving deeper, the phone packs in an Octa core Snapdragon 730 chipset with two cores clocked at 2.2GHz and 6 cores clocked at 1.8Ghz. Paired alongside the chipset is a 8GB internal setup which provides a flexibility of storage up to 128GB. The storage format is a UFS 2.1, by the way. And, as before the phone will be shipping in with an under-display fingerprint sensor which I really do hope is faster than its forerunner.
The One UI 2.0 has been online for some time now so the A71 will definitely be hosting One UI 2.0 on top of Android 10 right out of the box. Powering the entire device, is a massive 4500 mAh battery that comes alongside a 25W in-box charger.
The L-Shaped Quad camera array is a real extravagance as well. In particular the 64MP with f/1.8 primary camera sensor is the center of attention in the A71. A 12MP with f/2.2 ultrawide, 5MP f/2.4 depth and a 5MP f/2.2 macro sensor fills up the rear camera box. Reverting over to the rear, we have a 32MP f/2.2 selfie camera.
Samsung A71 Price in Nepal, Availability and Impressions
Just plainly browsing through the specifications, this much is clear: The A71 is a pretty decent upgrade to its forerunner. A better processor, a new and improved quad camera array, and overall an improved outlook of the device pretty much covers everything that I’d expect from an update. The plastic structure is a little less appealing and I kind of wish that would’ve been addressed by Samsung.
The Samsung A71 price in Nepal is set Rs 49,999. Even though it’s a tad bit higher than I’d originally predicted, I’m still satisfied with most of the features except for one: processor. I know this may not be that much of a concern but for this price I’d expected at least an 800 series processor out of this phone.
And that’s it. What do you think about the A71? Is it something to be excited about? Do let us know your thoughts on the matter in the comments down below!
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…
- Jawa 42 Launched in Nepal: Classic Jawa in a Modern Avatar!Jawa 42 is now available in Nepal. Agni MotoInc Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributors of…