After the launch of the A30, two months onwards Samsung has already launched an “upgraded” version in the international market. It goes by the name Galaxy A30s and was launched alongside another so-called upgrade, the Galaxy A50s. And, both of these phones are now available in Nepal.
So, what’s new on the A30s and how well does it compare when put up against its forerunner? Well, let’s find out.
Samsung A30s Features
Starting off with the design, the device flaunts the signature A series look with it’s “glastic” back. The overall design is almost similar to the A30, the exception being the prism styled finish on the glastic rear. Also, there’s no rear fingerprint scanner. It’s been moved to the front, underneath the glass leaving the back with only vertical triple camera layout.
Moving on, the A30s has been downgraded in terms of display. The device shows off a 6.4” sAMOLED display with HD+ 720 x 1560 pixels resolution. In comparison, the A30 had an FHD screen which was obviously way better. Other than that, the size and screen to body ratio is the exact same, almost 85%.
SEE ALSO: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
Under the glass is an Exynos 7904 chipset paired with 4Gb RAM which runs the game. It’s neither an upgrade nor a downgrade as compared to the A30. The performance is great and everything runs smoothly. Storage wise the phone provides 64GB internal storage that can be extended up to 512Gb. Powering the device is a 4000mAh battery life which is great on medium usage. In order to juice up the device, there is support for a 15W fast charger.
The only major change in the device which interested me a little is the triple camera setup. At the center, we have a 25MP f1.7 sensor coupled with an 8MP ultrawide and 5MP depth sensor. The sensor is actually good and gets some really decent photos in the daytime. The front has the exact same 16MP sensor though. The other minor change is the placement of the fingerprint scanner. It has ditched the physical fingerprint sensor at the back from the A30 to an on-screen scanner on the front.
Samsung Galaxy A30s Specifications
- Display: 6.4 inches Super-AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 720 x 1560 pixels
- Chipset: Exynos 7904 Octa (14nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- Memory: 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM (storage expandable up to 1TB using microSD card)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with One UI on top
- Primary Camera: 25 MP, f/1.7 + 8 MP, f/2.2 (ultrawide) + 5 MP depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under-display), accelerometer, proximity, compass
Samsung Galaxy A30s Price in Nepal: Rs. 28,490
Samsung A30s Price in Nepal, Availability, and Impressions
So, we analyzed the specifications and well frankly it’s not an upgrade at all. In some ways, it’s actually a downgrade. The display, for instance, is not as great. The AMOLED screen is awesome but the 720p resolution is just plain downgrade. The camera setup has been moved up a notch which is cool but is just ordinary at this time of the year. The battery and processor have remained the same, which is a bit disappointing actually as a slight improvement would’ve been appreciated.
Samsung A30s is available in Nepal for Rs. 31,890. There’s no definite upgrade from the previous A30, thus this phone is overpriced as hell. For the price, you can get far better phones with better specs
So what are your thoughts on this device? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street First Ride: Mixed Experiences!Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street is now available in Nepal. HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…