Rupandehi in southern Nepal is going to transform to a major industrial hub of the country with promise of huge investments, reports The Kathmandu Post.
- Over 300 large firms have committed an investment of Rs. 1 billion each. Around 600 medium-sized firms are also going to invest a sizeable amount. The district also has over 10,000 small and cottage firms that will contribute as well.
- In recent years, the district has had investments from hospitality industry, food industry and pharmacy pouring in billions of rupees.
- Rupandehi’s district headquarter in Bhairahawa will open a Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in a month. SEZ will serve as a special zone to host export oriented industries.
- Similarly, Butwal will have an industrial area of 814 bighas where over 150 medium and large factories will be established.
- Moreover various cement industries are also springing up in Rupandehi. Currently, 12 cement factories produce over 100,000 tonnes of cement daily that is 40% of the total cement sold in Nepal.
- Rupandehi Establishes Itself as Nepal’s Cement Manufacturing Hub
- Increased Power Supply in Hetauda Industrial Area Gives New Life to Factories
- Special Economic Zone Plans For Biratnagar in Limbo Due to Lack of Funds
Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G with Dimensity 1080 to Launch Soon in NepalHIGHLIGHTS Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G is expected to launch in Nepal soon. The phone…
Gesits G1, Brand New Indonesian EV Brand, Launched in NepalHighlights Gesits G1 price in Nepal starts at Rs. 3.50 Lakhs to Rs. 4.10 Lakhs.…
3-Day Crossmandu Championship 2023 Conducted Successfully!The 3-Day Crossmandu National Championship 2023 finally came to an end on Saturday! The highly…