Rupandehi in southern Nepal is going to transform to a major industrial hub of the country with promise of huge investments, reports The Kathmandu Post.
- Over 300 large firms have committed an investment of Rs. 1 billion each. Around 600 medium-sized firms are also going to invest a sizeable amount. The district also has over 10,000 small and cottage firms that will contribute as well.
- In recent years, the district has had investments from hospitality industry, food industry and pharmacy pouring in billions of rupees.
- Rupandehi’s district headquarter in Bhairahawa will open a Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in a month. SEZ will serve as a special zone to host export oriented industries.
- Similarly, Butwal will have an industrial area of 814 bighas where over 150 medium and large factories will be established.
- Moreover various cement industries are also springing up in Rupandehi. Currently, 12 cement factories produce over 100,000 tonnes of cement daily that is 40% of the total cement sold in Nepal.