This time, the Realme 5 Pro has been launched exclusively through Daraz. Realme Planet is a new entity that’ll be handling the online launch scenarios of Realme from now on. And just like the last week with the launch of Realme X2, Realme Planet has launched the new Realme 5 Pro on Daraz for a price of Rs 26,990 for the base variant and Rs 29,790 for the extreme variant.
What’s more exciting is that, the phones have a 13% discount offer available on them right now. And to top it all off, Planet Realme is also offering free shipping for the phone.
A Quick Glance at Realme 5 Pro
The Realme 5 Pro features a full plastic chassis with a drop-down notch cut-out in the frontal glass. Featured under the glass is a 6.3” IPS LCD panel with an FHD+ resolution. At the core, we have an Octa-core Snapdragon 712 processor compiled with 4/6/8GB internals.
At the surficial level, the phone comes with Color OS 6.0 on top of Android 10 (maybe). And, the dynamo that gets everything up and running is a 4035 mAh battery. The cherry on top is a 20W fast charger (VOOC 3.0) that’s capable of getting the phone to 50% in just 30 mins!
The nitty gritty of the phone however, lies in the camera department. Encased within the vertical camera array is a combination of 48MP Sony IMX586 Sensor, 8MP ultrawide sensor with a 119° FOV, a Super Macro 2MP sensor with 4cm focal length and a 2MP depth sensor.
Realme 5 Pro Specifications
- Display: 6.3 inches FHD+ display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3+ protection; 450 nits’ brightness.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 712
- CPU: Octa-core (6 x Kryo 360 Silver at 1.7GHZ and 2 x Kryo 360 Gold at 2.3GHz)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- RAM: 4/6/8 GB
- Internals: 64/128 GB onboard, expandable up to 256 GB through dedicated slot
- Quad Rear Camera Setup:
– 48MP primary camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS,
– 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
– 2MP for 4cm macro with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size
– 2MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 16MP with Sony IMX471 sensor
- OS: Android Pie (Color OS 6)
- Battery: 4035 mAh non-removable with VOOC Flash Charge 3.0
Realme 5 Pro Price in Nepal: Rs 30,890 (Rs 26,990 after discount) (4/128GB) | Rs 29,790 (Rs 29,790 after discount) (8/128GB)
So, should you buy Realme 5 Pro?
Now, taking everything into account, I’d say it’s a pretty solid phone. The processor is around a year old but I think it can handle most heavy tasks with quite ease. The camera setup is quite appealing as well and the battery is pretty decent too. One major flaw in the device for me at least, is the UI it uses. It’s still not as much user friendly and is definitely bloaty. So, in aggregate it’s a pretty well-balanced phone.
In order to reach the final decision, I suppose a comparison is necessary. And considering the price, the most relevant phone for this comparison, as expected is the Redmi Note 8 Pro. Both phones are similar to one another in a lot of fields. The tension however boils down to 3 main sections.
In terms of processor, the Note 8 Pro comprises a gaming oriented MediaTek G90T processor which is better than the Snapdragon 712. Even though Megapixels don’t matter, the Note 8 Pro contains a 64MP processor which is supposed to be a little better. And finally, the Note 8 Pro houses a larger 4500mAh battery.
So, that decides it. Realme 5 Pro is a good phone but when placed against the Redmi Note 8 Pro, it still has a lot of room for improvement.
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street First Ride: Mixed Experiences!Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street is now available in Nepal. HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…