Oppo is busy creating weird and innovative smartphones that cater to enthusiasts. But its sub-brand Realme is really the one who is trying to beat the competition. Realme just launched Realme 3 Pro and it looks (at the first glance) as a real Redmi Note 7 Pro competitor. This phone costs IRs. 13,999.
Realme C2, on the other hand, is a budget phone. It costs IRs. 5,999 but packs enough punch to knock other phones in its price range out of the water.
Realme C2 is powered by a MediaTek Helio P22 processor from the inside. This processor is paired with two or three gigabytes of RAM. The two variants are accompanied by 16 or 32GB of storage respectively. But you can expand the storage via microSD card slot. That is a dedicated card slot instead which means you can use two SIM and a memory card side by side.
Other things that you need to know about this phone is that it packs a 6.1-inch HD+ IPS LCD display. It has a V-shaped notch and not-that-big chin at the bottom. Inside, a 4,000mAh battery gives life-juice to the phone. At the back, there’s a dual 13MP+2MP camera setup. The 13MP sensor is the main lens while the 2MP lens is a depth sensor. At the front, you get a five-megapixel selfie camera.
Realme C2 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.1-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Resolution: 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~282 ppi density)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); ColorOS 6 Lite
- Memory: 32 GB, 3 GB RAM or 16 GB, 2 GB RAM
- Primary Camera: dual 13 MP, f/2.2, 1.12µm, PDAF + 2 MP, f/2.4, 1.75µm, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 5 MP, f/2.0, 1.12µm
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
Realme C2 Price in Nepal: TBD
Realme 3 Pro
Realme 3 Pro comes packing the mighty Snapdragon 710 processor inside. This goes toe to toe with the Snapdragon 675 in terms of performance. This processor is paired with 4GB or 6GB RAM. So, the performance on this phone is similar to what we found on the Redmi Note 7 Pro. Realme 3 pro packs 6.3-inch FHD+ display and comes with a 4000mAh battery that supports VOOC 3.0 charging.
At the back, there’s a 16MP primary sensor with an f/1.7 aperture. This is paired with a 5MP depth sensor. While that might not seem that impressive compared with the Redmi Note 7 Pro, we will have to look at the image produced by Realme 3 Pro to really comment on the camera quality. The front camera is interesting though. It is a massive 25MP sensor. This will surely appeal to selfie lovers.
Realme 3 Pro Key Specifications
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Chipset:Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); ColorOS 6
- Memory:64/128 GB, 6 GB RAM or 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Primary Camera: dual 16 MP, f/1.7, 1/2.6″, 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF + 5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 25 MP, f/2.0, 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4045 mAh battery
Realme 3 Pro Price in Nepal: TBD
These two phones are serious competitors in their respective price range. While most of us thought it nearly impossible, there seems to be a smartphone company that can compete with Xiaomi in both price and performance. But we will reserve our final comments until we actually test these two phones in our hands.
Hope these two phones will come to Nepal. Fingers crossed.