We won’t be surprised if you hadn’t heard the name Nubia before. It was part of ZTE until 2012 and it became an independent company in 2015. It is not daily that you see a new brand trying to enter a market packed with competition. But, Nubia has made its decision to enter Nepal and compete with the big names like Huawei and Xiaomi to gain some market share.
ITP Nepal will be the official distributor of these phones. And it has already brought four phones into Nepal. They are Nubia Z17 miniS, Nubia Z17 mini, Nubia M2 lite, and Nubia N2. These phones fall in the midrange to budget category. They range from Rs. 19,999 to Rs. 37,499.
The M2 lite is the cheapest one of the bunch. It uses an entry level MediaTek processor and comes with 3GB/32GB RAM. It packs a 5.5 inch HD IPS LCD screen that is not the sharpest display we have ever seen. But it packs the right specs for a phone priced at Rs. 19,999.
The Nubia N2 is a slight step up from the M2 lite with a modest increase in the price of Rs. 5,000. The Nubia N2 costs Rs. 24,899. It uses an AMOLED panel instead of the LCD found on most phones this price. It also packs a 5000mAh battery that is huge enough to last you two days of moderate use. If you are a power user, or someone who is always on the go, this phone might be for you. In the performance front, the Nubia N2 comes with 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, and the same MediaTek Processor found on the M2 lite.
Moving up the price, you will find the Z17mini at Rs. 29,999. Here you’ll get a dual rear camera setup and Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 processor. The RAM and storage are still 4GB and 64GB respectively but the screen resolution has been bumped up to full HD and the screen size has been decreased slightly to 5.2 inches. Performance on the Z17 will be noticeably better than the Nubia N2, but you won’t get the jaw-dropping battery life that the n2 offered. However, the battery life in the Snapdragon 652 is still good enough to last you a full day.
Lastly, the most expensive offering from Nubia for Nepal is the Z17miniS. This is a phone with a glass back with premium looks and feel, and a premium price tag of Rs. 37,499. The processor is a midrange Snapdragon 653 which means the performance will be similar to the 652, but the Z17miniS has 6GB RAM, which means better multitasking performance. Also, this phone has dual front-facing cameras. This is a great news for selfie lovers.
These were brief introductions to the phones Nubia launched. They are available in selected stores located in Patan and New Road. We might be reviewing some of these phones soon. So, stay tuned for that.
- Oppo A3s With Snapdragon 450 to Launch Soon in Nepal
- Nubia Smartphone Brand Debuts in Nepal; Set to Launch 4 Smartphones
- Vivo Y81 with 6.22-inch HD+ Display Launching Soon in Nepal
- Apple MacBook Air 2020 Available for Pre-Order in Nepal – Price Starts at Rs. 1.59 LakhsApple launched its new MacBook Air in March. The new MacBook Air 2020 brings upgraded…
- Oppo to Launch a New Mid-range Smartphone in Nepal, the OPPO A52Recently OPPO teased the launch of OPPO A31 in Nepal. Now, the company is preparing…
- Samsung A21s with Exynos 850 and HD+ Screen to Launch in Nepal Tomorrow!Samsung Galaxy A21s was launched last month in India. And, now it’s heading to Nepal.…