Nokia is slowly yet steadily looking forward to establishing its presence in the smartphone market. In 2019, it managed to make a comeback with its low-tier and mid-tier smartphones alone. So, giving rise to that very momentum, Nokia has just unleashed a new challenger in the low-tier budget segment for 2020.
The new champion dubbed under the name, Nokia C1 is now available for purchase via offline stores in Nepal for an entry level price of just Rs 6,499.
Wait, what?! At just Rs 6,499 what can you expect out of this phone? Well, it’s pretty much what you’d expect but there’s some interesting advantages to the phone. Let’s have a look at those special advantages and then well come back to its worth.
A Quick Browse Through Nokia C1’s Specification
The Nokia C1 looks like a typical budget phone. The rear is mostly comprised of a plastic framework with a 5.45” IPS LCD display panel taking up most of the front. There are huge top and bottom bezels towards the front that house a selfie camera/flash module/front facing speakers and navigation bars respectively.
As mentioned earlier, the display is a 5.45” IPS LCD panel whose resolution tops out at 480p. Underneath the LCD panel, is a MediaTek Helio A22 processor paired alongside 1/16GB internal setup that well, runs the entire game.
On the surface, the phone runs on Android 9 Go Edition; which is the first surprise about the phone. The GO edition is much lighter and puts way less load on the processor; which inevitably makes the phone faster and smoother.
For the camera, we have a single 5MP camera with flash module on the rear as well as the front.To power it all, the device houses a 2500mAh battery which in my opinion should last the day pretty easily. I mean with the average display and processor there’s nothing much that drains the power out of this device.
Nokia C1 Key Specifications
- Body: 147.6 x 71.4 x 8.7 mm
- Display: 5.45 inches IPS LCD panel
- Resolution: 480 x 960 pixels, 18:9 ratio
- Chipset: MediaTekHelio A22; 12nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Unknown Quad-core 1.3 GHz
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 16GB (expandable up to 64 via a microSD card)
- Software/UI: Android 9 (Pie) Go edition
- Rear Camera: 5MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP with LED flash
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), MicroSD card,
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, MicroUSB 2.0
- Battery: 2,500 mAh
Nokia C1 Price In Nepal: Rs 6,499
Should you Consider Buying The Nokia C1?
Well, to be frank the specifications of the device are a little discouraging. It is an entry level smartphone so i guess there’s nothing more that you can expect out of it. The thing that’s kept me interested to this point, is Android GO interface that the device contains. Trust me, the GO interface is all that you want from this device. It can fill up the voids left by processor, RAM and the battery.
So, in conclusion if you are on a really tight budget, going for this phone may not be the worst decision for you.
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- SiTech Dev1 – First SiTech Electric SUV to Arrive in Nepal SoonSiTech Dev1 is coming soon in Nepal. EV Nepal Motors, the authorized distributor of SiTech…
- News Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid Launched with More FeaturesYamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid has been launched in India. Yamaha Motors India has revealed the…
- Honda Grazia 125 BS6 Launched in Nepal: New Changes, New Price!Honda Grazia BS6 is now available in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company, the authorized distributor of…