Nokia is riding its wave of comeback pretty strongly. We saw it launch handsets like the Nokia 6, Nokia 5, and Nokia 3 in 2017. They solidified Nokia’s place once again as a serious phone-maker of the smartphone world. Now, Nokia is polishing their formula of success for 2018 by releasing updates to their beloved phones of 2017. We have already seen the Nokia 6.1 Plus launch in Nepal. Now, its time for the second-most basic smartphone Nokia makes, Nokia 2.1. It starts at Rs. 13930.
Nokia won’t win any design awards with the Nokia 2.1. This phone still boasts a 16:9 aspect ratio and a plastic back. But that doesn’t mean it looks the worst either. The copper accents make this phone look unlike anything else in the market. At the front, Nokia 2.1 has a 5.5 inch HD IPS LCD display that is nothing to write home about. We wished it was FullHD but for 13930, we can’t complain.
On the inside, Nokia 2.1 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor which is an entry-level chipset from Qualcomm for budget smartphones. The processor is paired with 1GB RAM. So, don’t buy this phone if you want to play games or want to multitask. This phone lets you call, text, surf the web a little and that’s it. Also, as the internal storage space is just 8GB you won’t be able to install many apps either unless you spend some cash for a micro-SD card.
Nokia 2.1 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.5 inches, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~267 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 (28 nm)
- CPU: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 308
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage (expandable via micro SD card up to 128GB)
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, Go edition
- Primary Camera: 8MP AF
- Secondary Camera: 5MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
Nokia 2.1 Price in Nepal: Rs. 13,930
On the back, we have an 8MP camera that will click decent photos in good lighting conditions. Same is the case with the front 5MP camera. But, you surely aren’t buying a phone at this price for their cameras.
SEE ALSO: Nokia Mobiles Price in Nepal
What you should be buying this phone for is the software inside. Nokia 2.1 runs Android Go which is a variant of Android 8.1 Oreo optimized to run on devices with limited resources like the Nokia 2.1. So, navigating the device should be pretty smooth. The OS also will take far less space inside the phone compared to the normal Android.
The other swaying factor may be the battery on this device. 4000mAh with Android Go and an HD screen means an amazing battery life on this device. It may remind you of the good old days of feature phones.
Overall, Nokia 2.1 is a decent effort from Nokia but it is nothing ground-breaking, neither in terms of performance nor in terms of price. However, if that Nokia logo and Nokia’s famous robust build quality and battery life is what you are after then the Nokia 2.1 isn’t half a bad choice.
- Tesla’s Cybertruck to be Enrolled into the Dubai Police Force ShortlyIt’s been like, a week since the “Bulletproof” Tesla Cybertruck has been introduced. In this…
- Honor 9X with Kirin 710F & Triple Camera Setup Officially Launched in Nepal TodayHonor launched a mid-range smartphone “Honor 9X“ in China back in July with the new…
- TATA Gravitas 7-Seater SUV: Things We Know So Far!Recently, Tata Motors announced its intentions to launch the all-new TATA Gravitas in India. Moreover,…