Representatives of Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FNCCI) and the visiting delegation from One Belt One Road (OBOR) International Trade and Investment Platform met on Monday to discuss Chinese investment in Nepal, reports Xinhuanews.
Why it matters:
- In the meeting, the Nepali representatives requested the delegation led by Shu Ya, founder of OBOR International Platform, to increase investment in Nepal in infrastructure, energy, tourism and agriculture sectors under the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
- FNCCI President Bhawani Rana talked about establishing greater connectivity among the nations who are part of the BRI.
- The meeting discussed the developing entrepreneurship in Nepal, technology transfer, identification of Nepali goods that could be exported to China.
- The delegation proposed to hold another meeting to identity the areas for partnership in Nepal while expressing interest to bringing foreign investment in various sectors of Nepal.
- Further, the delegation is set to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Federation of Handicraft Associations of Nepal on Wednesday in order to promote Nepali handicraft products to China under the banner of OBOR Platform.
- They have already signed MoU to promote Nepal’s Pashmina, wild honey, a Nepali wine and Himalayan Nettle (Girardinia diversifolia).
- 20 Nepali Engineers to be Trained in China About Rail Technology
- Two Chinese Firms Have Shown Interest in Outer Ring Road Project
- China Donates Over 32,000 Sets of Solar Power Generation System to Nepal
- Yamaha Fascino 125 FI First Ride: Refined BS6 Engine and New Practical FeaturesWe’ve come a long way since the early days of scooters in Nepal. Scooters are…
- Oppo F17 Pro with Quad Cameras And Helio P95 to Launch Soon in NepalOppo has recently launched some budget phones like Oppo A53 and Oppo A12 in Nepal.…
- Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 Launched in Nepal, Priced at Rs. 5.69 LakhsHusqvarna Vitpilen 250 and Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 is now available in Nepal! Hansraj Hulaschand &…
- Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 Launched in Nepal: Priced Well!Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 and Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 is now in Nepal! Hansraj Hulaschand & Co.…