Why it matters:
- As per NTA provision, all the ISPs operating in the country must pay 4% of their annual revenue to the government as a royalty fee.
- According to NTA, the eight ISPs have not made any approach to NTA regarding the royalty fees despite repeated calls. NTA has decided to take legal action against the ISPs if they fail to clear the royalty fees within the given deadline.
- According to a notice published on the NTA website on 2nd April, the eight ISPs that have not paid the royalty fees are Vianet Communications of Jawalakhel, Broadlink Network and Communications of Sanepa, Net Max Technologies of Anamnagar, Classic Tech of New Baneshwor, Itel Communications of Jawalakhel, Allied Netlink Technology of Maharajgunj, I4 Technologies of Kamaladi and IBSS Nepal of Old Baneshwor.
What they are saying:
- Min Prasad Aryal, a spokesperson for NTA, informed that action will be taken against these ISPs as per the Telecommunications Act of 1997 if they fail to clear their dues within the given deadline. He informed that NTA can even scrap their licenses if the ISPs fail to clear dues on time as provisioned in the Telecommunications Act.
- Amazfit Smartwatch Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsAmazfit is smart wearable and accessories brand based in China. The brand comes under Huami…
- Apple iMac and iMac Pro 2020 Now Available in NepalApple iMac and iMac Pro 2020 were launched in August 2020. And, now they are…
- Apple iPad Air 4 2020 with A14 Bionic Available for Pre-Order in NepalApple unveiled the new iPad Air 4 during its live event back in September. And,…