Why it matters:
- As per NTA provision, all the ISPs operating in the country must pay 4% of their annual revenue to the government as a royalty fee.
- According to NTA, the eight ISPs have not made any approach to NTA regarding the royalty fees despite repeated calls. NTA has decided to take legal action against the ISPs if they fail to clear the royalty fees within the given deadline.
- According to a notice published on the NTA website on 2nd April, the eight ISPs that have not paid the royalty fees are Vianet Communications of Jawalakhel, Broadlink Network and Communications of Sanepa, Net Max Technologies of Anamnagar, Classic Tech of New Baneshwor, Itel Communications of Jawalakhel, Allied Netlink Technology of Maharajgunj, I4 Technologies of Kamaladi and IBSS Nepal of Old Baneshwor.
What they are saying:
- Min Prasad Aryal, a spokesperson for NTA, informed that action will be taken against these ISPs as per the Telecommunications Act of 1997 if they fail to clear their dues within the given deadline. He informed that NTA can even scrap their licenses if the ISPs fail to clear dues on time as provisioned in the Telecommunications Act.
- Xiaomi Mobiles Price in NepalReview of: Xiaomi Mobiles Price in NepalReviewed by: Nishan Rating:4On October 17, 2019Last modified:October 17,…
- Redmi Note 8 Pro: Keep Calm The Mid-range Beast is Coming in Nepal SoonXiaomi has been unstoppable with its Redmi series. Among, the standout Redmi phones, the Redmi…
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 Camera Review: Good Set of Rear CamerasHuawei Y9 Prime 2019 is the latest mid-range phone Huawei has to offer. It comes…