- MVNO is the communication services provider that purchases infrastructure, including spectrum and core network, from existing Mobile Network Operator (MNO) at wholesale rate and resells it to consumers at competitive prices under its own brand.
- MVNO aims to increase the competition and maximize the usage of network.
- NTA intends to use MVNO for the expansion of Mobile network across the country and encourage the competitive growth.
- The directive for the MVNO is already drafted and will be sent to the cabinet for approval.
- After the approval, NTA will call for the interested firms to apply for MVNO license.
- NTA belives that MVNO will promte competition which will be beneficial to the customers as they can find good quality network at affordable rates and cover more parts due to more competition.
- Any firm that obtains the MVNO licence in Nepal will be allowed to purchase spectrum and core network from existing telecom service providers and deliver mobile communication services under its own brand name in the country.
- Nepal Telecom Authority Warns Eight ISPs to Clear Royalty Dues
- Nepal Telecom Authority Penalizes UTL and Smart Telecom
- Net Neutrality Regulation Not an Urgent Need: NTA
Featured video from TechLekh
Xiaomi 12 Pro Unboxing & Impressions नेपालीमा
Realme C31 Review: A Typical Budget Phone!Pros Good design Excellent battery life Reliable fingerprint sensor Good performance Cons 60Hz HD+ display…
Redmi 10A Review: Is It Better Than the Redmi 9A?Pros Good display Nice rear camera Solid build Cons Performance could be better MIUI still…
JBL Flip 6 with IP67 Rating and 20W Output Available in Nepal for PreorderJBL Flip 6 is now available in Nepal for preorder. The Flip 6 is the…