As Tihar, known as the festival of lights has already begun in the country, people are busy buying electric decorative lights across the country.
Electric decorative lights worth over Rs 600 million have entered the country for Tihar this year. Such lights are used to decorate home, yards, offices, and alleys and lanes.
According to Federation of Electrical Entrepreneurs of Nepal’s central president, Tej Narayan Kharel, import of electric lamps during the festival doubles.
Several varieties of electric lights including disco lights, electric candles and colourful tube lights have been imported for Tihar.
Of the total imports, 90 per cent is from China and remaining 10 per cent is from India. Nepal is totally dependent on the two neighbours for the supply of Tihar lights.
As stated by the Federation, over 2,000 members of the organisation are involved in the supply of such lights from urban to rural areas.
Federation’s general secretary Resham Devkota says the culture of burning oil-fed lamps and using locally available materials such as mustard oil to brighten the houses during the festival is gradually vanishing with the increasing use of electric decorative lights.
- Foodmandu Fresh: A “Fresh” Transition to Deliver Essential Groceries in The Hour of NeedCOVID-19 has become a nightmare that’s gobbling up each and every fundamental aspect that our…
- E-commerce Companies in Nepal Facing Delivery Challenges, Pledges to Serve Customers Amid LockdownA lot has happened since the first announcement of a weeklong lockdown. But People will…
- Relief Packages Introduced by the Government That We Techies Must Know!The two-week lockdown imposed by the government has caused a huge disruption in the day-to-day…