According to the annual report published by Axiata, Ncell has contributed $692 million to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of Nepal in 2017.
By the numbers:
- According to Axiata’s report, the estimated contribution of Ncell to Nepal’s economy is $692 million, which is 2.8% of the total GDP of Nepal.
- According to the Sustainability and National Contribution Report 2017 published by Axiata, in 2017, Ncell has paid $277 million in the taxes to the government. The company has claimed that it amounted to 4.5% of the total taxes collected by the government in the same year.
- Also, the customer base of Ncell increased by 10% in 2017, making the numbers rise to 16.4 million.
On the other hand:
- The contribution of other telecom companies including that of Nepal Telecom (NT) to the national GDP is not clear.
- Nepal Telecommunications Authority has been carrying out a study to calculate the contribution of telecom sectors to Nepal’s economy.
- Ncell Launches Music Station Service
- Ncell Offers Free Streaming on YouTube Go
- Ncell Data Usage Grows by 130%
Collateral-free and Paperless “FoneLoan” is a New Drive in the Banking SectorThe lending landscape has been changing with the increasing adoption of digitization among banks and…
Draft e-Commerce Bill: Major Highlights and Issues Raised by the StakeholdersThe smartphone revolution and increasing internet penetration is creating fertile ground for the e-commerce market.…
Kisan Credit Card: Bridging Gap between Banks and Farmers by Providing Cashless Subsidized LoansFarmer Kul Bahadur Nhemaphuki used to lend money from money lenders at an interest rate…
Sastodeal Brings New Year 2078 Sale; Up to 80% Discount and Exclusive Brand DealsSastodeal brings Nepali New Year 2078 campaign to celebrate the new year. Sastodeal NNY 2078…
Mi Watch Lite with 9 Days of Battery Life Launched in NepalXiaomi Nepal has launched the Mi Watch Lite in Nepal. Mi Watch Lite price in…