According to the annual report published by Axiata, Ncell has contributed $692 million to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of Nepal in 2017.
By the numbers:
- According to Axiata’s report, the estimated contribution of Ncell to Nepal’s economy is $692 million, which is 2.8% of the total GDP of Nepal.
- According to the Sustainability and National Contribution Report 2017 published by Axiata, in 2017, Ncell has paid $277 million in the taxes to the government. The company has claimed that it amounted to 4.5% of the total taxes collected by the government in the same year.
- Also, the customer base of Ncell increased by 10% in 2017, making the numbers rise to 16.4 million.
On the other hand:
- The contribution of other telecom companies including that of Nepal Telecom (NT) to the national GDP is not clear.
- Nepal Telecommunications Authority has been carrying out a study to calculate the contribution of telecom sectors to Nepal’s economy.
- Ncell Launches Music Station Service
- Ncell Offers Free Streaming on YouTube Go
- Ncell Data Usage Grows by 130%
- Apple iPad Air 4 2020 with A14 Bionic Available for Pre-Order in NepalApple unveiled the new iPad Air 4 during its live event back in September. And,…
- Analogue Mall to Introduce Trade-In Program; Trade-In Old Gadgets for the New Ones or Cash!Analogue Mall is a multibrand e-commerce site with lots of gadgets on offer. It’s a…
- JBL Go 3 Launching in Nepal Soon – An Ultra Portable Speaker!JBL has plenty of portable speakers and their Go series is one of the best…