Chinese smartphone giant Xiaomi made quite a splash when they announced the Mi Mix. Xiaomi called it as a concept phone but it is now the reality. In a bloggers meet held yesterday, Vatsal Impex (Official Distributor of Xiaomi products in Nepal) announced that they will be launching the bezel-less Mi Mix at the end of February. Mi Mix will be available through pre-booking but it will have a limited stock.
Vatsal Impex hasn’t revealed the price of Mi Mix yet but we can expect it to be quite high like most of its products. They have also disclosed that with the Mi Mix, Mi 5s Plus and Mi Air shall be available in coming months too as well.
I had a chance to use the phone for a short time, and I must say its an absolute beauty and gives a smooth performance. With the big 6-inches display and stylish design, the device looked beautiful. Even though the screen is quite huge, the fact that it’s bezel-less keeps it quite compact. The front camera is below the screen so it’s quite awkward to adjust for the selfie. Also, the phone has a ceramic finish thus making it a fingerprint magnet.
Mi Mix Key Specifications
- Display – 6.4 inches (~83.6% screen-to-body ratio), IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution – 1080 x 2040 pixels (~362 PPI pixel density)
- Chipset – Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821
- CPU – Quad-core (2×2.35 GHz Kryo & 2×2.19 GHz Kryo)
- GPU – Adreno 530
- OS – Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Memory – 4 GB/6GB RAM, 128GB/256GB Internal Storage (non-expandable)
- Primary Camera – 16 MP, f/2.0, EIS (gyro), phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Secondary Camera – 5 MP
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Ion 4400 mAh battery
- Sensors – Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
Recently, Mi Nepal (Vatsal Impex) has been criticized for overpriced product and as a fan of Xiaomi, I expect the Xiaomi products to be available in somewhat similar prices as that of an international market; but of course there are various factors that come into play that determines the price of the products. There might be various limitations of Mi Nepal which should be understood by consumers but we “fans of Xiaomi” expect that even with those limitations the company should try to be as competent as they are in the international market. Nonetheless, people buy what they like and people are buying the Xiaomi products in Nepal.
Mi Mix is one of it’s kind; it should do pretty well in Nepal as it has a super appealing design and people who really want this device won’t hesitate to spend slightly more amount regardless of the overly tagged price.
- Samsung Galaxy A70 Review: Better option than the A50?Review of: Samsung Galaxy A70Price:Rs. 47,990Reviewed by: Anmol ShresthaRating:5On July 21, 2019Last modified:July 21, 2019Summary:On…
- OnePlus 7 Pro Review: The Best Android Experience One Can Get!Review of: OnePlus 7 ReviewReviewed by: Anmol ShresthaRating:5On July 19, 2019Last modified:July 19, 2019Summary:So, if…
- New Zhiyun Crane 3 LAB Arrives in Nepal: 2019’s Best Gimbal?Zhiyun is a company known for making gimbals and stabilizers for cameras and smartphones. Zhiyun…