Around 3 months ago, it seemed like Lava was on the brink of extinction. Its products were long gone and their coverage was quite thin. At that point, the release of Benco series was the only remaining hope that Lava could cling to. The Lava Benco V8 when launched, made a slight impact on some users and Lava managed to sustain a bit longer.
Now, clinging to the same hope, Lava has recently launched a new addition to the Benco series under the name Benco V7. The Benco V7 is their entry level smartphone for this year and its priced at Rs 9,999. So, then at this price, is it a worthy entry smartphone? Well, let’s have a look.
Lava Benco V7 Specs Overview
In terms of overall body design, the Benco V7 is as fancy as you can get out of an entry level smartphone. The vertical camera setup combined with the flash module gives it this killer look. And that combined with the geometric patterns makes it a treat for the eye. Over to the front, we have a drop-down notch and huge chin bezels that just can’t be removed for this price.
The device sports a 6.1” IPS LCD panel at HD resolution for display, which seems quite okay to me. Underneath the phone encloses a Quad Core Unisoc SC9832 chipset alongside 2/16GB internals. The processor does seem to go back in time 3 years from today, so I wouldn’t expect that much out of the processor at all. And it’s also running on top of Android 9 so I have my doubts in the processing department.
As for the rear camera, we just have an 8MP camera sensor. The good news is that it does have beauty mode so photos should not be that bad. The frontal side has a 5MP sensor, which surprisingly has a bokeh mode. With the front camera, the phone also supports fast unlock; moreover, the company claims that unlock time for the phone is just 0.4s.
Finally, powering the entire device we have a huge 4000mAh battery. With minimal usage, you may be able to get a day and half worth of power from the device. But, watch out though the outdated processor and Android 9 may not give the same amount of power after a while.
Lava Benco V7 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.1″ IPS LCD display with HD resolution (1280 x 600 pixels)
- Rear Camera: 8MP with rear flash
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Processor: Quad-core, Unisoc SC9832r with 4 x ARM Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali T820
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB onboard, expandable up to 128GB
- Battery: 4000 mAh
- Sensors: G-sensor, Light, proximity
Lava Benco Price in Nepal: Rs 9,999
Overall, the Lava Benco seems like a promising device for a phone under Rs 10k. The design, display, camera modules, software and battery are quite fit for this phone.
The only thing that’s gotten me skeptical about the phone is the outdated processor. It’s been a while since this processor was even in the market and so how well does it perform is unknown. But if you’re in just for normal day to day tasks like calls, messaging or surfing the internet, I think it’s worth giving a shot. Or, you could go for some other hotshots at 10k like the Redmi Go, Nokia 2.1. Is it convincing enough for you? Do let us know in the comments down below.
- Samsung Galaxy Buds+ Launched in Nepal: But, What’s Different?Wireless EarPods have come a long way since their inception. They were practically invisible until…
- Govt. Announces 10 Percent VAT Rebate on Electronic Payments. GO DIGITAL!The Inland Revenue Department (IRD) has just executed a new system whereby purchases made via…
- Last Year’s VIVO V17 Direct Successor, “Vivo V19” Expected to Launch in Nepal Soon!Rumors about VIVO working to launch a new phone, the V19 series have been up…