According to the latest Management Information System(MIS) report by Nepal Telecommunications Authority(NTA), 61.09 percent of total population till the mid-July use the internet.
According to the MIS report,
- A total of 16,186,759 people in the country has access to internet/data services till mid-July. More than 6,581 new users in the country connect to the internet every day.
- Nepal Telecom has a total of 8,420,653 data subscriber and market share of 52.02 percent in the last fiscal year.
- Ncell has a total of 6,954,236 data subscriber and market share of 44.99 percent in the last fiscal year.
- 97 percent of internet utilized is through mobile broadband (mobile phones, limited mobility) while only three percent of internet utilized is delivered through the Internet Service Providers(ISP).
- The datas from the report may not be accurate. A single person can use more than one SIM. Similarly, more than a single person can use internet through fixed mobility like the WIiFi delivered through ISPs.
The reason behind the high internet penetration:
According to NTA officials, 4G internet services and high priority to data services than voice pack has increased internet usage in Nepal. Also, concerned government official believes that growth of Information and Communication Technology(ICT) in every sector has led to the increase.
Big News: McDonald’s Launches Delivery Service in Nepal with FoodmanduHIGHLIGHTS McDonald’s has partnered with Foodmandu to exclusively deliver its menu items in Nepal. Nepali…
Honda Aviator 110 Price in Nepal (April 2023 Updated)HIGHLIGHTS Honda Aviator price in Nepal is Rs. 2.35 Lakhs. It is available in a…
Honda Unicorn 150 Price in Nepal (April 2023 Updated)HIGHLIGHTS Honda Unicorn 150 price in Nepal is Rs. 3.08 Lakhs. It comes in Black,…