Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has recently raised an issue regarding high call rate from India to Nepal.
What they are saying:
In a statement, BSNL said, “Nepal Telecom has increased the termination charges from Rs. 3.15 per minute to Rs. 7.80 per minute with effect from December 1, 2017. This increase in termination charges by Nepal Telecom resulted in an increase of the call rate from India to Nepal (from Rs. 6 per minute to Rs. 12 per minute) with effect from December 12, 2017”.
Why it Matters:
- During the visit of India’s prime minister Narendra Modi to Nepal, it was announced that call rates to Nepal would be reduced in near future.
- In the same context, the Indian government reduced its termination charges from Rs 0.67 to Rs 0.35 per minute, that makes calls from Nepal to India even cheaper. Therefore, calls originating from Nepal to India are a lot cheaper.
- BSNL said, “if Nepal also brings down the termination charges in line then it would benefit consumers calling from India to Nepal.”
- Nepal Telecom Announces New ADSL Tariff
- PM Directs Nepal Telecom Officials to Improve Quality
- #BlockadeWasCrimeMrModi Trends in Twitter
Benco S1 Pro with 33W Fast Charging Launched in NepalHIGHLIGHTS Benco S1 Pro price in Nepal is Rs. 19,999 (8/128GB). It is a budget…
Xiaomi Teases the Launch of Redmi A2 Plus in NepalHIGHLIGHTS Redmi A1+ may launch soon in Nepal. It is an entry-level smartphone, powered by…
Leapfrog Technology’s Women’s Internship Program Successfully ConcludedHIGHLIGHTS Leapfrog Technology successfully concludes its Women’s Internship Program, empowering aspiring female software engineers. Over…