The wait is finally over as the Ford Ranger Raptor makes it entry to the Nepali market. Ford Nepal organized a program in Hattiban Resort, which included music, games, and food; amid them, they introduced the beast, the all-new Ford Raptor. As for the pricing, Ford Raptor price in Nepal starts at Rs. 1,25,00,000. Currently, Ford Nepal has brought only one unit of Ford Raptor in Nepal which is available in Blue color.
Raptor is a pickup truck, it has an enclosed cab and open cargo area and all-in-all big enough tyres to handle any terrain with ease. It is one of those factory ready automobiles which is ready to tackle the toughest road right from the get-go. Whether it is the rough road of Kathmandu or the off-road of the suburban in Nepal, the Ford Raptor can handle them all.
Ford Raptor Features
Ford Raptor takes its inspiration from the ever so loved Ford Ranger. It delivers an ultra-strength frame, giant bash plate, and an elevated design that allows the Raptor to thrive in the environment that other trucks do not even dare to go. The powertrain is a 2.0-liter diesel, which is a small engine when compared to the Ranger, but it compensates the smaller engine by giving a total output of 157KW and 500Nm.
What allows the Raptor to deliver top-end power, more bottom-end torque, improved acceleration, and quicker gear changes is the bi-turbo engine with Ford’s latest 10-speed auto transmission technology.
What has surprised me the most is that the Raptor comes with racing-style bucket seats for the driver and the passenger, which is unusual for a pickup. The underbody shield is high strength steel that is 2.3mm thick, which I firmly believe will be able to absorb the impact from almost any off-road event. The truck comes equipped with 33-inch BF Goodrich tyres, which has longer tread life and tougher sidewalls compared to standard factory tyres.
The Ford Raptor has SYNC 3 Apple Car Play and Android Auto which will keep you connected, entertained and on track. Magnesium paddle shifters, race-bred suspension, tyre pressure monitoring system, side airbags, chrome front grille, multi-function control screen and display etc are some of the many specifications that the raptor comes included.
Oh, I nearly forgot to mention the most exciting feature of the new Raptor that is it comes with a 6- mode terrain management system. Yes, you heard it right! — 6-mode terrain management system. This unique feature provides Raptor ability to set six pre-set driving modes to conquer virtually any terrain, at the push of a button.
Ford Raptor Key Specifications
- Engine Displacement: 1996 cc
- Maximum Power: 157KW @ 3750rpm
- Maximum Torque: 500Nm @ 1750-2000rpm
- Ground Clearance: 283mm
- Brakes: Ventilated Disc (Front) & Drum (Rear)
- Front Suspension: MacPherson strut, double wishbone, coil spring, hydraulic double acting shock absorber
- Rear Suspension: Leaf spring, hydraulic double acting shock absorber
- Tyres: 285×70 R17 (Front), 285×70 R17 (Rear)
- Fuel Tank: 80 liters
Ford Raptor Price in Nepal: Rs. 1,25,00,000
Why should you buy the Ford Raptor?
I absolutely love what is happening to the pickup truck scene in Nepal. Many people love the pickup trucks for their rugged look and their ability to handle any terrain.
The main question that everyone must be having right now is “Why do I need to buy the Ford Raptor?”(when there are vehicles like Toyota Hilux or any other pickup in the market?)
Yes, there are lots of other picks up in the Nepali market but there is not like Raptor, Why? Because which pickup truck offers more power? 6- mode terrain management system? and for those who love comfortable seats, the racing style bucket seats of Raptor without a doubt is the most comfortable seats in a pickup.
“How do you create the ultimate performance truck? You engineer it to thrive in the world’s most brutal environments. To handle the most aggressive off-road driving. You create a completely new category of tough truck.”, is a bold statement that the Ford used to describe the Raptor.
Raptor is a new breed of a pickup truck from Ford having a small engine but higher top-end performance and improved acceleration. The factor that I think sets Raptor apart from all its competitors is the 6- mode terrain management system.
Mustang tour? Khulekhani road? No need to fear when you have Raptor as your companion.
What do you think of the new Ford Raptor? Will it be well received in the Nepali Market? Please share your views in the comment section below.
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street First Ride: Mixed Experiences!Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street is now available in Nepal. HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…