Gokarneshwor Municipality has become the first municipality in Nepal to use drones for urban planning.
- The drones capture high quality aerial images that can be used for survey, infrastructure development and urban planning.
- The project is being performed in partnership with Structure Design and Services, Dronepal, and Naxa.
- It is also being significantly supported by the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) and Angelswing, a smart drone startup.
Why this Matters:
- Gokarneshwor Municipality is one of the quickly urbanizing municipality of Kathmandu valley.
- Traditional survey techniques take a long time and are not as qualitative. Also, it can be very costly. Similarly, urban planning with the Satellite images leads to not that of a detailed image.
- Drone can come to a rescue here, providing clear, high quality, highly detailed images quickly and inexpensively.
- Dronenepal, one of the company involved in the project, is the first Nepali drone service company which has been providing drone services since 2016.
What they are saying:
- As per Uttam Pudasaini, Co-ordinator of Nepal Flying Labs and Founder of Naxa Pvt. Ltd., drones can help in surveying geographical terrains that are difficult to access by foot, and can also help in monitoring projects in high resolution.
- Mahabir Pun’s National Innovation Centre Tests Medi-copters to Treat Patients in Remote Areas
- Home Ministry Plans to Use Drones For Surveillance Along Border
- Nepal Flying Labs Among Winners of the First Humanitarian AUVSI XCELLENCE Award
- Daraz 12.12 Sale Day Begins – Promises up to 60% OFFIt’s here again, the end of the decade is back again to take another year…
- Xiaomi AirDots Finally See Nepal’s Daylight: Priced at Rs. 4,799 and 6 Months WarrantyHeadphone jacks are going extinct with the arrival of new flagship smartphones every day. With…
- Xiaomi Launches the Redmi K30 and K30 5G: Flagship Killer 3.0 Unleashed?The Redmi K20 Pro that was unleashed in the 3rd quarter of 2019 managed to…