Gokarneshwor Municipality has become the first municipality in Nepal to use drones for urban planning.
- The drones capture high quality aerial images that can be used for survey, infrastructure development and urban planning.
- The project is being performed in partnership with Structure Design and Services, Dronepal, and Naxa.
- It is also being significantly supported by the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) and Angelswing, a smart drone startup.
Why this Matters:
- Gokarneshwor Municipality is one of the quickly urbanizing municipality of Kathmandu valley.
- Traditional survey techniques take a long time and are not as qualitative. Also, it can be very costly. Similarly, urban planning with the Satellite images leads to not that of a detailed image.
- Drone can come to a rescue here, providing clear, high quality, highly detailed images quickly and inexpensively.
- Dronenepal, one of the company involved in the project, is the first Nepali drone service company which has been providing drone services since 2016.
What they are saying:
- As per Uttam Pudasaini, Co-ordinator of Nepal Flying Labs and Founder of Naxa Pvt. Ltd., drones can help in surveying geographical terrains that are difficult to access by foot, and can also help in monitoring projects in high resolution.
- Mahabir Pun’s National Innovation Centre Tests Medi-copters to Treat Patients in Remote Areas
- Home Ministry Plans to Use Drones For Surveillance Along Border
- Nepal Flying Labs Among Winners of the First Humanitarian AUVSI XCELLENCE Award
- iPhone SE (2020) Available for Pre-booking in Nepal – Price Starts at Rs. 73,000iPhone SE 2020 is a sequel to the first iPhone SE which was launched in…
- Samsung A21s with Exynos 850 and HD+ Screen to Launch in Nepal SoonSamsung Galaxy A21s was launched last month in India. And, now it’s heading to Nepal.…
- DFSK Glory 560, Affordable Seven Seater SUV, Launching in Nepal SoonDFSK Glory 560 is launching soon in Nepal! Kuzu Nepal Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributors…