Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB), the central bank of Nepal, has issued a new dictum yesterday which hereby increases the digital transaction limits considering the current Covid-19 outbreak crisis. In order for people to adhere to the current online banking standards and reduce human interaction as much as possible, NRB has decided to advance this directive.
The previous directive had a strict routine for the daily and monthly limits which had a downfall impact on the volume of digital transactions. As per the new instructions, the transaction restrictions on mobile and internet banking, and fund transfer through digital wallets are made more flexible.
The newly issued directive will follow this particular schematic from here on out:
Transactions from Mobile and Internet Banking
|Method of Transaction||Daily Limit||Monthly Limit|
|Mobile Banking (QR Code Included)||Rs. 1,00,000||Rs. 10,00,000|
|Internet Banking (Merchant Payment)||Rs. 10,00,000||Rs. 30,00,000|
|Internet Banking (Account Transfer)||Rs. 10,00,000||Rs. 50,00,000|
Fund Transfer Through Digital Wallets
|Fund Transfer/Payments||Per Transaction||Daily Limit||Monthly Limit|
|Agent/Sub Agent to Wallet||–||Rs. 25,000||Rs. 1,00,000|
|Bank to Wallets||Rs. 25,000||Rs. 1,00,000||Rs. 5,00,000|
|Wallet to Banks||Rs. 25,000||Rs. 1,00,000||Rs. 5,00,000|
|Wallet to Wallet||Rs. 25,000||Rs 1,00,000||Rs. 5,00,000|
You can read the full NRB directive below:
Furthermore, Nepal Bankers Association has decided not to charge fees on transaction made through mobile and internet banking.
Even better, the association has decided to charge no fees while doing inter-bank transactions to further support the government’s decisions. This also typically means that you can now withdraw money from any ATM of any bank; totally free of charges.
Below is the official notice:
Finally, do note that all of these efforts are being done in-order to encourage as less human interaction as possible during this calamity phase. So, do try to use these directives to your best to keep yourself as well as the people around you safe!
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Launching in Nepal Tomorrow!Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G is set to launch on September 20 in Nepal. Samsung unveiled…
- Realme C21Y with Triple-cameras Launching in Nepal Before Dashain!Realme’s new variant of C21, the Realme C21Y, is set to launch in Nepal. The…
- Samsung Galaxy M52 5G with SD 778G Chipset Confirmed to Launch in NepalSamsung Galaxy M52 5G is about to launch in Nepal. This will be the first…