Things I Like
- Good design
- Decent display
- Good enough battery
- Unisoc chipset
- Camera performance
Coolpad has been launching quite a few budget phones in Nepal and Cool 10A is one of the recent addition.
Cool 10A price in Nepal is Rs. 12,495 for the 2/64GB variant and it is one of the most stylish looking smartphones for the price.
Along with that, it provides 64GB storage as well. So, Is Cool 10A a good budget phone? Find out in our impressions of the Cool 10A.
Coolpad Cool 10A Specifications
- Body: 165 x 76 x 8.8 mm, Dual Sim (Nano)
- Display: 6.517 inches HD+ LCD Panel
- Chipset: Unisoc SC9863A
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×1.2 GHz Cortex-A55) CPU
- GPU: IMG8322
- Memory: 64GB 2GB RAM, expandable up to 128GB
- OS: Android 11
- Rear Camera: 13MP
- Video: [email protected]
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4900 mAh battery, 10W Charging
- USB: Micro USB
- Misc: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, 3.5mm headphone jack
Coolpad Cool 10A Price in Nepal: Rs. 12,495 (2/64GB)
Coolpad Cool 10A Impressions
- 165 x 76 x 8.8 mm
- Dual Sim (Nano)
Coolpad Cool 10A has very good aesthetics to be fair. The plastic rear has a textured finish, so it is not prone to fingerprints and smudges. And, the gradient finish makes it stand out in the entry-level segment.
On the back, there’s a fingerprint sensor and dual camera module with a flash. The power button and volume button are placed on the right. Whereas, there’s a triple-slot tray for dual nano sim and a micro-SD on the left. On the bottom, there’s a mic, a Micro-USB port, and a speaker.
Cool 10A has a very good design and it doesn’t feel like an affordable entry-level smartphone.
Overall, the plastic build feels durable and the phone can be easily used with a single hand as well.
- 6.517 inches LCD Panel
- HD+ resolution
Cool 12A’s display panel punches higher than what I had initially expected. Even though it is an HD+ panel, the display feels plenty sharp.
While the color is not punchy, the display is more than good enough for content viewing. And, it doesn’t disappoint with brightness too. You can use it outdoors as well.
Cool 10A is packing dual cameras on the rear with a 13MP main sensor and a 0.3MP main sensor.
For a budget phone, the Cool 10A has average image quality. Images do not have a good dynamic range and they look flat.
Some images also have that oversaturated and oversharpened look. Furthermore, the shutter speed also feels a bit slow.
The additional 0.3MP sensor doesn’t have a designation as it is apparently an AI sensor. So, it could be helping the main sensor by providing extra information.
Interestingly, it does have Night mode and Slow-Mo features too. We will talk about these features in detail in our full review along with the portrait mode.
Now on to the front camera, the 5MP sensor takes decent selfies under good lighting. And, the Auto HDR also does a good job of controlling background highlights.
There’s no portrait mode for the front camera but surprisingly it does have Night mode.
Coolpad Cool 10A can capture up to 1080p 30fps videos from the rear camera and 720p videos from the front camera. We will discuss the video quality in our review article.
- Unisoc SC9863A chipset
- Octa-core (4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×1.2 GHz Cortex-A55) CPU
- IMG8322 GPU
- 64GB 2GB RAM, expandable up to 128GB
Cool 10A is equipped with a Unisoc SC9863A chipset paired with 2GB of RAM and 64GB internal storage.
SC9863A is an octa-core chipset with 8 cortex-A55 cores in two clusters. The performance cores are clocked up to 1.6GHz and the efficiency cores are clocked up to 1.2GHz. It also uses IMG8322 GPU.
On paper, the CPU and GPU are equivalent to that of the MediaTek G25 but it is not an efficient chip as it is made in a 28nm process.
The phone feels smooth and snappy for an entry-level phone and it can run games like Altos Odyssey without any difficulties. I’ll further test PUBG mobile and COD mobile for our full review.
Battery and Charging
- Non-removable Li-Po 4900mAh battery
- 10W charging
- Micro USB
It’s strange but the company has been promoting Cool 10A’s battery capacity as 4000mAh when it has a 4900mAh battery.
Battery life is pretty good for a budget phone.
In normal usage, Cool 10A has been providing a day of usage but it doesn’t have fast charging support.
- Android 11
- Stock OS
One of the good things about Cool 10A is the stock OS. Well, it runs on Android 11 with slight modifications and it looks like Cool 10A is using Android Go skin.
Some Android Go apps like Google Go, Gallery Go, and Assistant Go are pre-installed. Furthermore, it does not have an app drawer and there are only 6 themes to customize your experience.
Though the UI is barebone stock Android, the optimization is really good.
Cool 10A is looking like a very good budget option if you want a stylish and snappy phone.
I like its design and the display is surprisingly good. I was not expecting the Cool 10A to be slick and smooth but the Unisoc chipset combined with barebone UI provides a good experience.
Well, this is only our first impression. I will be testing out its camera performance and endurance further in our full review. But, it has impressed me so far.
I hope you like our Coolpad Cool 10A impressions. If you have any questions regarding this device, then drop them in the comments below.
Also, watch our review of the Coolpad Cool 10.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- Analogue Inc. Becomes Official Huawei Cloud Consulting & Reselling Partner in NepalAnalogue Inc. has become an official consulting and reselling partner of Huawei Cloud service in…
- ISPs to Hike Internet Price by up to Rs. 300 in Nepal Reasoning Increase in Pole RentInternet Service Providers are planning to increase the price of the internet due to the…
- WiSTEAM Steps to Sixth Year, Aims to Educate 2000 Girls about STEM Activities by Next YearWomen In STEAM (WiSTEAM), a social enterprise supporting girls and women education in the Science,…