Why would you ax Rs. 8000 from a phone that previously cost Rs. 27,996? No, it is not an old handset. Well, it was released nearly 7 months ago. So it might be aging a little bit. But it doesn’t mean you are going to see this massive price drop on every handset after they become 7 to 8 months old. Previously priced at Rs. 27,996, Coolpad Cool 1 is now available for Rs. 19,996 only at Daraz.
Coolpad Cool1 has a very simple design with a robust metal frame and chamfered edges. It has a 2D curved glass with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on the front. The full metal unibody design that adorns the back and the sides of the phone makes the phone look premium and more durable. Like any other budget smartphone these days, it has a fingerprint sensor on the back and it is very fast – it can unlock in 0.15 seconds.
The phone has a 5.5 inch Full HD IPS panel at the front that has up to 450 nits of brightness. So, sunlight legibility is good on this phone. Inside, the Coolpad Cool 1 is rocking a Snapdragon 652 octa-core processor clocked at 1.8 GHz which is a light version of the Qualcomm’s flagship 820 processor but still, it is a very powerful processor. The processor is paired with 4GB RAM. In our short time with the Coolplay 1, we did not encounter that many problems with its performance. However, the device does get very hot, sometimes even unbearably hot, if the phone is under intense load.
Coolpad Cool 1 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inches full HD display, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 PPI pixel density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 64-bit SoC
- CPU: Octa-core processor (4×1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A72)
- GPU: Adreno 510
- OS: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) /EUI 5.6
- Memory: 64 GB internal storage( Not expandable) , 4GB RAM
- Primary Camera: Dual 13 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP, f/2.2, 1.4 µm pixel size, 1080p
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4060 mAh battery
Coolpad Cool 1 Price in Nepal: Rs. 19,996 (64GB)
The photos in daylight taken from the primary dual camera setup look pretty good. The low light performance with this camera, however, is ok and under very low light conditions we do notice grains in photos and videos. This camera can shoot up to 4k but the videos are shaky as there is a lack of an image stabilization. The front camera is an 8MP 80-degree wide lens for wider selfies. Under good lighting conditions, the photos appear really good and there is also a beauty mode which supposedly lets you capture beautiful pictures.
The Cool 1 is a great budget smartphone that comes with midrange specs. The dual cameras are promising and the fingerprint scanner is fast. The only downside is the issue with overheating and the preinstalled skin on top android that is not as polished as the OS from other Chinese manufacturers. But these are minor quibbles if you are looking for a budget smartphone and at the price, the Coolpad Coolplay 1 even trumps the Xiaomi Mi A1 which retails for around 22K.
If you are looking for a budget smartphone, the Coolpad Coolplay 1 is a worthy and powerful contender.
- Sony Camera Super Deals – These Discounts Are Really HUGE!!!While Sony’s smartphones haven’t been able to make much space for themselves on the smartphone…
- Samsung’s Two Flagship Phones Gets Heavy Discount!Though there are many smartphone companies vying for the top spot in the smartphone world,…
- Runner Monsoon Offer is LIVE! – Up to Rs. 20,000 Discount!Everyone quick! There’s an awesome offer on our hands. Raman Motors, the authorized distributors of…