At the premium end of the smartphone market, the phones are getting pricier. But at the budget end of the smartphone market, the phones are getting budget-ier. Just a few days back, Xiaomi Redmi Go was made available for purchase on Daraz. That was already a super-budget phone. Now, Colors has released another phone called Colors Pride 1A which is even cheaper.
Colors Pride 5A is available for Rs. 5,585. Let’s find out what do you get for your 5.5K.
Colors Pride 1A comes with a 4.95″ FWVGA+ LCD display. Getting an 18:9 aspect ratio at this price is exciting, but we doubt the quality of the display will be anything to write home about. Inside, Colors Pride 1A is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core CPU, possibly from Spreadtrum. This is paired with 0.5GB RAM. While this setup would be horrifying with a normal full Android OS. This may just be good enough to run Android GO software that the Colors Pride 1A ships with.In fact, Android Go is one of the highlights of this phone. This lean and less resource-hungry OS will help you eke out the maximum speed and performance from this handset. Thankfully, Colors ships this phone with 8GB of internal storage that can be expanded to 64GB using external micro SD card.
Colors Pride 1A Key Specifications
- Display: 4.95-inch FFWVGA+ with Dragontrail glass protection
- Chipset: 1.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
- Memory: 512MB
- Internal Storage: 8GB (expandable up to 64GB via microSD)
- OS: Android Oreo (v8.1); Android Go edition
- Primary Camera: Dual: Dual 5MP + VGA, LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 2 MP, LED Flash
- Battery: 2200 mAh battery
Colors Pride 1A Price in Nepal: Rs. 5,585
The main marketing feature of the Pride 1A is surely its dual cameras at the back. While this may sound enticing, look at the specs of the camera first. It is a combination of a 5MP and a VGA sensor. So, this camera won’t give you ‘good’ photos.
Many new outlets may hype this feature but the truth is we’d have been happier if we could get a better single sensor at this price. But having dual cameras on a phone is a huge plus in marketing, so we can’t blame colors for taking that route.
SEE ALSO: Colors Mobiles Price in Nepal
The selfie cam is a 2MP sensor accompanied by a flash.
The most garish omission in the Pride 1A is the 4G capability. It would have been a good touch. They had to cut corners somewhere; I just wished it wasn’t with this feature. This phone ships with 2200mAh battery that probably will get you through a day of use considering the use case of most people who will buy this phone.
- OnePlus 7 Pro Review: The Best Android Experience One Can Get!Review of: OnePlus 7 ReviewReviewed by: Anmol ShresthaRating:5On July 19, 2019Last modified:July 19, 2019Summary:So, if…
- New Zhiyun Crane 3 LAB Arrives in Nepal: 2019’s Best Gimbal?Zhiyun is a company known for making gimbals and stabilizers for cameras and smartphones. Zhiyun…
- Kia Niro EV Launched in Nepal for Rs. 66 Lakhs: A Practical Electric Small SUV?Review of: Kia Niro EVPrice:Rs. 66,00,000Reviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:3On July 18, 2019Last modified:July 18, 2019Summary:Likewise,…