CG, a household brand in Nepal has released quite a few budget smartphones in Nepal. Recently, Omega 3 hit the shelves and now Omega 8 has made its way to the stores. As of now, CG Omega 8 price in Nepal is Rs.12,999 and it comes with a 1-year insurance.
2017 was all about the 18:9 bezel-less displays and Omega 8 is one of the first smartphones from Nepali manufacturer to incorporate it. Along with the bezel-less display, it comes with a fingerprint sensor and a 3000 mAh battery. So, it seems like a decent budget smartphone on paper.
Omega 8 flaunts a 5.5-inch HD IPS display with a screen resolution of 640*1280 pixels and an 18:9 aspect ratio. As for the chipset, it is powered by a MediaTek MTK6737 with a 1.3GHz Quad-Core processor (4x Cortex- A53) and ARM Mali-T720 GPU. Whereas it comes with a 2GB RAM and 16GB internal memory.
Talking about the cameras, 13MP camera with autofocus sits on the rear whereas a 5MP front camera is available for selfies.
Omega 8 runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) and a removable 3000 mAh Li-ion battery. Regarding sensors, it comes with G-Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor and Fingerprint Sensor. Also, it supports 4G LTE connectivity for fast network speeds.
CG Omega 8 Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch HD IPS (18:9 aspect ratio)
- Resolution: 640×1280 pixels
- Chipset: MTK6737
- CPU: 1.3GHz Quad Core (4X Cortex- A53)
- GPU: ARM Mali-T720
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM, 16 GB ROM
- Primary Camera: 13 MP AF
- Secondary Camera: 5 MP
- Battery: Removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
CG Omega 8 Price in Nepal: Rs. 12,999
CG Omega 8 looks impressive when it comes to design. The 18:9 aspect ratio bezel-less display will provide users with an immersive experience. Even though the screen resolution is only HD, it should be adequate for a 5.5-inch screen.
The available hardware resources should be more than enough for usual tasks like internet browsing, multiple apps switching, and normal games. But, it will struggle with heavy games such as Asphalt 8 and PUBG.
The 3000 mAh battery should hold up for more than a day. Given that it has an HD screen, it’ll need fewer resources to push the pixels. Hence, it will need less juice to do so. The 13 MP rear camera and the 5 MP front camera should perform pretty decent. I mean, we do not expect much from a budget phone under 13k, do we?
Let us know what you think of the Omega 8 in the comments below!
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street First Ride: Mixed Experiences!Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street is now available in Nepal. HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…