Bajaj Pulsar NS (Naked Sport) 200 changed the motorcycle market when it was released in 2012. It changed the industry with more focus on performance. NS 200 is the most selling performance bike in India. After the success of NS 200, Bajaj introduced NS 160 to the market. NS 160 offered performance and mileage at a low cost.
HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors of Bajaj motorcycles in Nepal, has recently launched the new revamped version of NS 160. The new revamped NS160 comes with a slightly altered graphics and Twin Disc. The price remains in the same price range as of its predecessor. The new Bajaj Pulsar NS160 TD price in Nepal is set Rs. 2,86,900 and is available in Passion Red, Pearl Metallic White, Saffire Blue, and Glossy Pewter Grey colors.
Bajaj Pulsar NS160 TD is powered by a single cylinder Twin Spark DTS-i 160.3cc oil cooled engine. The engine produces the max power of 15.3BHP and maximum torque of 14.6Nm which is best in its segment. It has a 5-speed gearbox. The top speed is said to be 120kmph.
Looks & Style
The NS160 TD takes inspiration from the NS200 for its design with its aggressive looks that include the sharp looking headlamp, semi-digital instrument cluster, split seats, and high angle tail section. The new Pulsar NS160 Twin Disc is similar in every way to the regular NS160, except for the fact that the regular bike’s rear drum brake has made way for a disc brake.
The new rear disc brake is a 230mm unit that looks to be borrowed from the more powerful NS200 while the front disc remains unchanged at 240mm. The kerb weight remains unchanged at 145kg. The riding experience remains unchanged as well as the style.
The overall length, width, and height of the NS 160TD are 2012mm, 803.5mm and 1060mm. The seat height remains unchanged at 805mm and the ground clearance is 176mm. The wheelbase on the revamped NS 160TD is 1363mm. Due to the ground clearance and the seat height, the NS 160TD can be easily used on a daily commute.
Brakes & Suspension
The revamped NS160 TD now comes with a twin disc. The main problem of the NS 160 was it didn’t have the rear disc. The braking ability was lacking in the NS160. The use of Twin Disc on the NS160 TD is a huge boost. The braking on the NS 160TD is better than it’s predecessor. The NS160 TD has a telescopic front suspension. Monoshock suspension is used for the rear suspension.
Bajaj Pulsar NS160 TD Key Specifications
- Engine Displacement: 160.3cc oil cooled engine
- Maximum Power: 15.3 BHP @ 8500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 14.6 NM @ 6500 rpm
- Top Speed: 120 km/h
- Weight: 145kg
- Front Brake: 240mm Single disc
- Rear Brake: 230mm Single disc
- Wheels Type: Alloy Wheels
- Fuel Capacity: 12litre
- Fuel Economy: 45km/l
- Front Tyre: 90/90-17″ 49P
- Rear Tyre: 120/80-17″ 61P
2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 TD: Rs. 2,86,900
Other features include digital speedometer, digital fuel gauge, electric start, digital trip meter, LED Taillamp and many more. Bajaj has provided performance at a low cost.
Pulsar NS has a special place in the heart of the consumers. Pulsar has always provided consumers with pure performance and fuel economy at a relatively lower cost. The NS160 TD will take on the likes of the Suzuki Gixxer, Apache RTR 4V, and the Honda CB Hornet 160R. If you are looking for a bike for daily commute and also performance, fuel economy at a relatively lower cost then look no further because Pulsar NS160 TD is here in Nepal.
- Bajaj Dominar 250 is Finally Going to Happen: Here’s Everything We Know So Far!Bajaj India has finally unveiled a look at their 250cc next-gen motorcycle! Well… Technically, it…
- Renault Triber 5-Seater SUV Launched in Nepal: Price Starts at Rs. 28.5 Lakhs!Review of: Renault TriberPrice:TBDReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:5On January 24, 2020Last modified:January 24, 2020Summary:Yes! Renault Triber…
- Honor Magic Watch 2 Launched in Nepal: A Reasonable Tracker for Fitness Buffs!Tell me, what is that you, as a fitness buff look for in a tracker?…