Apple announced the Apple Watch Series 6 during its online event yesterday. It is the latest smartwatch among its popular line of smartwatches.
Apple Watch Series 6 price starts at $399 for the 40mm and costs $429 for the 44mm. It is now available for pre-order in some countries and will begin shipping on September 18.
The new smartwatch features a Blood Oxygen sensor, new case finishes, and watchOS 7. Let’s take a brief look at the new features that come with the Apple Watch Series 6.
Apple Watch 6 Specifications
- Body: 44mm: 44 x 38 x 10.42mm, 36.5g / 40mm: 40 x 34x 10.4mm. 30.5g
- Display: 44mm: 1.78-inch OLED Retina / 40mm: 1.57-inch OLED Retina
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 9110, Dual-core, 1.15GHz
- Storage: 32GB
- Connectivity: LTE (available in select models)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- Battery Capacity: Up to 18 hours of battery life
- Sensors: Compass, SpO2, Barometer, Optical heart rate sensor, Electrical Heart sensor, Ambient light sensor, Altimeter, Accelerometer
- Software: Apple watchOS 7
Apple Watch 6 Price in Nepal: TBD
Apple Watch 6 Overview
Apple Watch Series 6 carries on Apple’s square-shaped design. It comes in gray, silver, gold, or blue aluminum finishes or a new Product (RED) version that has a striking red finish on it. The stainless steel model is available in graphite, yellow gold, or silver. Also, the top edition model is only available in natural or black titanium finish.
With Series 6, Apple has also introduced a new strap called “Solo Loop” that is made fro a single piece of silicone. You just wear it like a rubber band as it doesn’t have any buckle or adjustments.
The strap comes in various sizes to fit your wrist and there are seven different color schemes as well. Then there is also a braided solo Loop made from yarn which is available in five colors. At last, Apple is also releasing a new leather link strap.
Apple Watch 6 has the same display size as the Apple Watch 5 with a 1.78-inch (44mm) and 1.57-inch (40mm) display.
But there is one improvement to the display. Apple mentions that the always-on display of the Apple Watch Series 6 is up to 2.5 times brighter than its predecessor.
Hardware & Performance
Apple Watch Series 6 comes with a brand new processor called S6. Apple promises that the new processor will provide up to 20 percent faster performance.
It is a dual-core processor based on Apple’s own A13 chip used on iPhone 11. It is a major upgrade to given the Apple Watch 5 used the same S4 CPU of the Apple Watch 4.
Furthermore, it also comes with an Ultra-Wideband antenna and a U1 chip will which will enable short-range wireless location to support new experiences, such as next-generation digital car keys.
Blood Oxygen Sensor
Apple is expanding the fitness capability of the Apple Watch with the addition of a Blood Oxygen sensor on Series 6. It measures the oxygen saturation of the user’s blood, so they can better understand their overall fitness and wellness.
Users need to be still to measure the blood manually but background measurement will also occur when the user is inactive, including during sleep. The data will be visible in the Health app, and the user will be able to track trends over time to see how their blood oxygen level changes.
Apple Watch 5 did have an altimeter but Watch 6 comes with an always-on altimeter.
This feature allows for the detection of small elevation changes above ground level, up and down to the measurement of 1 foot, and can be shown as a new watch face complication or workout metric.
Battery & OS
Apple claims that the Apple Watch Series 6 will provide battery up to 18 hours. Despite a significant boost in performance, it boasts the same battery life as that of the previous-gen watches.
It comes with watchOS 7 and comes with 7 new watch faces options. With the series 6, Apple has also introduced a Family setup that allows family members who do not have an iPhone to benefit from the connectivity, safety, and fitness features of Apple Watch.
Apple Watch 6 Price in Nepal and Availability
Apple Watch Series 6 is available in two sizes: 40mm and 44mm. There’s also an option for Wi-Fi + Cellular variants. The base variants for 40mm and 44mm cost $399 and $429 respectively. It’s up for pre-order right now and will start shipping from September 18.
Given the history, Apple Watch 6 price in Nepal could be around Rs. 60,000 for the basic variant.
Apple Watch 6 doesn’t change much in terms of looks and design from the previous Apple watches. However, it has been provided a beefy upgrade to its underlying hardware for the same price as the Apple Watch 5.
Also, watch our Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 review in Nepali.
- Yamaha Fascino 125 FI First Ride: Refined BS6 Engine and New Practical FeaturesWe’ve come a long way since the early days of scooters in Nepal. Scooters are…
- TATA Altroz Launched in Nepal: Most Anticipated Hatchback Now at Killer Price!Tata Altroz is now available in Nepal. Sipradi Trading Private Limited, the authorized distributor of…
- All-new BS6 KTM Bikes Officially Launched in NepalKTM Bikes with BS6-compliant engine arrives in Nepal. Hansraj Hulaschand & Co. Pvt. Ltd., the…
- Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Gets a Virtual Launch in Nepal, Price Starts at 30.96 LakhsHyundai Grand i10 Nios is now available in Nepal. Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS comes as…