Apple unveiled the new iPad Air 4 during its live event yesterday. It looks like a Pro-level iPad with a relatively affordable price which starts at $599.
The iPad Air 4 is the most powerful iPad Air ever that features a new all-screen design with a larger 10.9-inch display, new 12MP rear camera, next-generation Touch ID sensor, and more. Let’s take a brief look at it.
Apple iPad Air 4 Specifications
- Body: 9.7 x 7 x 0.24 inches, 458 g (Wi-Fi), 460 g (LTE), Nano-SIM
- Display: 10.9-inch (diagonal) LED‑backlit IPS LCD, 2360 x 1640 pixels
- Chipset: A14 Bionic chip
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.5 GHz Vortex + 4×1.6 GHz Tempest)
- GPU: Apple GPU (8-core graphics)
- Memory: 64GB/256GB internal storage
- OS: iPadOS 14
- Rear Camera: 12 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/3″, 1.22µm, dual pixel PDAF
- Front Camera: 7 MP, f/2.2
- Video: [email protected]/60fps
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 28.6 Wh battery, Fast charging 20W
- USB: Type-C
- Misc: Touch ID, Three‐axis gyro, Accelerometer, Barometer, Ambient light sensor
- Colors: Silver, Space Gray
Apple iPad Air 4 Price in Nepal: TBD
iPad Air 4 Overview
The iPad Air 4 has been clearly designed like the iPad Pro with thin bezels. It comes in five gorgeous finishes: silver, space gray, rose gold, green, and sky blue.
Along with the smaller bezels, iPad Air 4 borrows the USB-C from the Pro version and now it comes with a 20W charger in the box which is apparently better than the 18W charger of iPad Air Pro 2020.
To allow the display to extend on all sides, a next-generation Touch ID sensor is integrated into the top power button. The iPad Air 4 looks very slick and totally looks like a Pro iPad.
It is compatible with Magic Keyboard and its floating design, and built-in trackpad, Smart Keyboard Folio, and new Smart Folio covers, as well as Apple Pencil, which attaches magnetically to the side for easy pairing, charging, and storing.
The new iPad Air features a liquid retina display which measures 10.9 inches diagonally and has a screen resolution of 2360 x 1640 pixels.
It’s a bigger display than the previous generation and is fully laminated with True Tone support along with the anti-reflective coating.
A big change comes in terms of the thing that powers the iPad. It will be powered by Apple’s A14 Bionic 5nm chip which comes with Hexa-core CPU which will provide a 40 percent boost in CPU performance compared to the previous iPad Air.
Along with that, it also has a new 4-core graphics architecture for a 30 percent improvement in graphics.
A14 Bionic also includes a new 16-core Neural Engine that is twice as fast, and capable of performing up to 11 trillion operations per second.
Over on the camera department, Apple is using the 12MP rear camera from the iPad Pro and has upgraded it with improved video stabilization for the iPad Air. It also has support for 4K video recording at 60fps and 240fps slow-mo.
On the front, it has a 7MP FaceTime HD camera with smart HDR and support for 1080p 60fps videos.
Apple mentioned that the iPad Air 4’s 28.6-watt-hour battery is capable of lasting up to 10 hours when you’re watching a video or surfing the web on Wi-Fi, and 9 hours if you’re on cellular.
Furthermore, it runs on iPadOS 14.
iPad Air 4 Price in Nepal and Availability
iPad Air 4 starts at $599 (Wi-Fi only) which is $100 expensive than the previous-gen iPad Air but the upgrades look compelling. Given how the Apple products are priced in Nepal, iPad Air 4 price in Nepal could start at Rs. 1,00,000.
Apple says the new iPad Air will be available next month in five colors: silver, space gray, rose gold, green, and sky blue starting at $599 (Wi-Fi-only) or $729 (Wi-Fi + Cellular) with 64GB of storage. It will also be offered with 256GB storage at $749/$879.
What are your thoughts on Apple iPad Air 4? Share it in the comments below.
Also, watch our Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite review in Nepali.
- Yamaha Fascino 125 FI First Ride: Refined BS6 Engine and New Practical FeaturesWe’ve come a long way since the early days of scooters in Nepal. Scooters are…
- TATA Altroz Launched in Nepal: Most Anticipated Hatchback Now at Killer Price!Tata Altroz is now available in Nepal. Sipradi Trading Private Limited, the authorized distributor of…
- All-new BS6 KTM Bikes Officially Launched in NepalKTM Bikes with BS6-compliant engine arrives in Nepal. Hansraj Hulaschand & Co. Pvt. Ltd., the…
- Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Gets a Virtual Launch in Nepal, Price Starts at 30.96 LakhsHyundai Grand i10 Nios is now available in Nepal. Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS comes as…