Umesh Bhuju, a Nepali who has been operating Zummi’s Espresso on Market St., Ipswich, Massachusetts has been nominated for the 2018 ILC Immigrant Entrepreneur Awards in the business growth category, reports GateHouse News.
Why it matters:
- For 2018, ILC Immigrant Entrepreneur Awards will honor 40 nominees from 24 countries and 18 communities who have founded businesses in Massachusetts.
- The winners of the award will be announced by the Immigrant Learning Center Inc., based in Malden, at the ILC Immigrant Entrepreneur Awards Dinner on Thursday, May 3, at the Royal Sonesta Boston in Cambridge.
- The award will be based on four categories: business growth, neighborhood business, high-tech business and life science business.
- While in Nepal, Bhuju was a climbing instructor and certified mountain guide in Nepal’s Himalayas.
- After emigrating to the United States, Bhuju opened Zumi’s Espresso and Ice Cream in 2003.
- Bhuju has over 200 regular customers. He also participates in a recycling program, that offers 100% fair trade coffee and uses biodegradable or reusable straws.
- He has also been conducting frequent fundraisers for various social causes.
- The Ipswich Rotary Club named Bhuju its Person of the Year in 2011 for his commitment to community service.
- Recently, he helped coordinate a meal-packaging drive for “Rise Against Hunger” on Saturday, March 24.
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- Honda CB350 RS Launched in Nepal: Honda H’ness with Scrambler Twist!Honda CB350 RS is now finally available in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company Pvt. Ltd., the…
- All-new Hyundai i20 Launched in Nepal: Variant, Price Details & MoreHyundai i20 has finally launched in Nepal. Laxmi Intercontinental Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of…
- Micromax IN 2b with Unisoc T610 and Dual Cameras to Launch Soon in NepalAfter its launch in India, Micromax IN 2b is also set to launch soon in…