Umesh Bhuju, a Nepali who has been operating Zummi’s Espresso on Market St., Ipswich, Massachusetts has been nominated for the 2018 ILC Immigrant Entrepreneur Awards in the business growth category, reports GateHouse News.
Why it matters:
- For 2018, ILC Immigrant Entrepreneur Awards will honor 40 nominees from 24 countries and 18 communities who have founded businesses in Massachusetts.
- The winners of the award will be announced by the Immigrant Learning Center Inc., based in Malden, at the ILC Immigrant Entrepreneur Awards Dinner on Thursday, May 3, at the Royal Sonesta Boston in Cambridge.
- The award will be based on four categories: business growth, neighborhood business, high-tech business and life science business.
- While in Nepal, Bhuju was a climbing instructor and certified mountain guide in Nepal’s Himalayas.
- After emigrating to the United States, Bhuju opened Zumi’s Espresso and Ice Cream in 2003.
- Bhuju has over 200 regular customers. He also participates in a recycling program, that offers 100% fair trade coffee and uses biodegradable or reusable straws.
- He has also been conducting frequent fundraisers for various social causes.
- The Ipswich Rotary Club named Bhuju its Person of the Year in 2011 for his commitment to community service.
- Recently, he helped coordinate a meal-packaging drive for “Rise Against Hunger” on Saturday, March 24.
- OnePlus Mobiles Price in NepalReview of: OnePlus Mobiles Price in NepalVersion:LatestPrice:Rs. 52,000 to Rs. 99,000Reviewed by: Anmol ShresthaRating:4On November…
- Samsung Mobiles Price in NepalReview of: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepalproduct by Samsung: NishanVersion:LatestPrice:Rs. 9390 to Rs. 154500Reviewed by:…
- Xiaomi Mobiles Price in NepalReview of: Xiaomi Mobiles Price in NepalReviewed by: Nishan Rating:4On November 17, 2019Last modified:November 17,…