Xiaomi is arguably the most popular smartphone manufacturer in terms of sales. They have sold so many smartphones that the saying, “रत्नपार्कको चोकमा बसेर एउटा ढुंगा हान्यो भने Xiaomi मोबाइल बोक्ने लाई लाग्छ!” might actually be true. Xiaomi has gained that much popularity. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, in my opinion, is the phone behind that success. Anyways, to keep this up, Xiaomi has been releasing quite a few smartphones recently.
Just a few days ago, Xiaomi released the Redmi Note 5 AI and now they are back with another phone–the Redmi S2. This phone was already launched in Daraz for Rs. 24,999. But it was pulled out from the website due to some issues. The initial VAT reimbursement was cancelled by Nepal Government, so the 5.2% decrement in the price was pulled out. The Xiaomi Redmi S2 is released again and now has a slightly bigger price tag. Xiaomi Redmi S2 price in Nepal is now set at Rs. 26,999.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 comes with a 5.99-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 720×1440 pixels. This isn’t the greatest thing in the world but one can live with this given the low price. The processor is the Snapdragon 625 which is backed up by an Adreno 506 GPU, which should give you enough power for a decent usage. The RAM on this device is 3GB. You get an internal storage of 64GB.
The camera setup is pretty decent, on paper. You are getting a dual camera setup with a 12MP and 5MP sensors with a f/2.2 aperture. On the front, you have a 16MP sensor with a f/3.0 aperture. Powering all this is a 3080 mAh battery, however, this is a little less considering how much power this the hardware is going to consume. The UI is Android 8.1 Oreo version.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.99-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 720×1440 pixels (18:9 Aspect Ratio)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) [Android One Certified]
- Memory: 64GB ROM, 4GB RAM
- Primary Camera: Dual: 12 MP (f/2.2, 1.25μm, PDAF) + 5 MP
- Secondary Camera: 16 MP (f/3.0)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3080 mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi S2 Price in Nepal: Rs. 26,999
Well, to be honest, I am not exactly “impressed” by this phone. Especially with the release of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI, the release of this phone does not make sense to me. You get an arguably better phone for a couple of thousands more. Why would anyone by this one? I mean, it’s not a “bad” smartphone by any means. But when you compare it to the other phone in their lineup, this phone does not give you a great value.
Looking at the specs, you are getting a pretty decent hardware for the price. However, the “Snapdragon 625” is kind of outdated because same was used in their previous bestseller–the Redmi Note 4. If they opted for a Snapdragon 636, it would have been better. But considering they already have a phone with Snapdragon 636, it is again contradictory. The 4 Gigabytes of RAM and 64 Gigabytes of internal storage is pretty decent for a phone at this price point.
Everything, from camera to the battery, is acceptable. Even though this phone has a great value compared to other brands, the phone in their own lineup will likely be a bottleneck for the sales of this device. So, I don’t think this phone is going to sell well in Nepal. And well, for someone who is looking to buy this phone, I would not recommend this device due to the aforementioned reasons.
So, tell us about what you think of this smartphones in the comments down below!
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- Analogue Inc. Becomes Official Huawei Cloud Consulting & Reselling Partner in NepalAnalogue Inc. has become an official consulting and reselling partner of Huawei Cloud service in…
- ISPs to Hike Internet Price by up to Rs. 300 in Nepal Reasoning Increase in Pole RentInternet Service Providers are planning to increase the price of the internet due to the…
- WiSTEAM Steps to Sixth Year, Aims to Educate 2000 Girls about STEM Activities by Next YearWomen In STEAM (WiSTEAM), a social enterprise supporting girls and women education in the Science,…