Do you remember the VIVO S1 which was launched around 4 months ago? Well, that VIVO S1 was the beginning of the VIVO S series. After that, VIVO launched one more variant of the S series; VIVO S5. And, guess what? VIVO has just added another member to the S1 series.
The VIVO S1 Pro has just been launched and this is a one of a kind complete smartphone. So, without delay, let’s dive into the overview of VIVO S1 Pro.
VIVO S1 Pro Overview
The VIVO S1 Pro has a pretty stylish design. The front is not flashy at all; it just has the plain water-drop notch with a teeny tiny notch. The rear, on the other hand, is rather flamboyant. Especially the diamond-shaped cut-out for the quad-camera array is quite eye-catching.
It’s not just the design that’s appealing about the device. The phone’s 6.38” FHD+ AMOLED screen is quite a sight for the eye as well. One of the major perks of having the AMOLED screen is the in-display fingerprint sensor. By itself, the sensor looks quite fast and smooth as well. The animation produced on unlocking the phone by fingerprint sensor seems neat too.
Under the hood, the phone features a Snapdragon 665 SoC. The processor is coupled with an 8/128GB internals. The processor is quite alright and there’s no flexibility in the storage section, which is a slight bummer, in my opinion. On the surface, the phone runs on Android 9 with Funtouch 9.2 on top.
Moving on to the quad-camera array, the rear setup is entirely centered around the 48MP primary sensor. Aside from the 48MP, the array consists of an 8MP ultrawide, a 2MP depth sensor and a 2MP dedicated macro camera. Hiding in the water-drop notch is a 32MP selfie camera as well.
Finally, we have a huge 4500mAh battery life that powers the device easily for a day. In addition, we also have the 18W fast charge which can get the phone charged up in no time at all.
VIVO S1 Pro Key Specifications
- Display: Super AMOLED, 6.38 inches, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Chipset: Snapdragon 665 SoC
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Internals: 128GB 8GB RAM; microSD, up to 256 GB
- Rear Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm (dedicated macro camera)
2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Front Camera: 32 MP, f/2.0, 0.8µm
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); Funtouch 9.2
- Battery: Non-removable 4500 mAh battery; Fast battery charging 18W
Vivo S1 Pro Price, Thoughts, and Availability
The VIVO S1 Pro considering every specification is more or less a complete phone. Whether it’s in terms of display or battery, I believe VIVO S1 Pro has considered each and every aspect. The slightly outdated processor and no flexibility in storage are a little disappointing but it is not enough to stay away from this device.
Now, considering the specifications and pricing, this phone’s main competitor would be of course the Redmi Note 8 Pro. And while the Note 8 Pro is ahead in terms of processing capabilities, the S1 Pro is great in terms of its AMOLED screen and in-display fingerprint sensor. Other than that, the phones are basically the same.
So, about the availability, the phone has just been launched in the Philippines for ₱15,999 which is around $314. There’s no telling the exact date but the phone is expected to launch in Nepal sometime around mid-December. While there are no confirmations, Vivo S1 Pro price in Nepal could be around Rs 30k to Rs 35K.
Well, that’s all about the VIVO S1 Pro. So, what do you think about the device? Do let us know in the comments down below.
- Tesla’s Cybertruck to be Enrolled into the Dubai Police Force ShortlyIt’s been like, a week since the “Bulletproof” Tesla Cybertruck has been introduced. In this…
- Honor 9X with Kirin 710F & Triple Camera Setup Officially Launched in Nepal TodayHonor launched a mid-range smartphone “Honor 9X“ in China back in July with the new…
- TATA Gravitas 7-Seater SUV: Things We Know So Far!Recently, Tata Motors announced its intentions to launch the all-new TATA Gravitas in India. Moreover,…