What a time to be alive! Government is prioritizing electric future in Nepal. And, it’s actually going great!
So, what’s the next step? Electric Buses!
Sundar Yatayat Pvt. Ltd. will begin the operation of 7 new electric buses starting September 9, 2019. However, the company will not stop there! According to reports, they plan to add additional 11 buses, bringing the total count to 18 electric buses in Nepal.
Moreover, the electric buses will be charged via two charging stations located at Sukhedhara and Sitapaila. Additionally, the company has also established another charging station at Chabahil.
According to Bhes Bahadur Thapa, chairman of Sundar Yatayat, each charging station can charge six buses at a time. Theoretically, 18 buses can be simultaneously charged at the same time.
Plus, there are plans to expand it further. The company will try to operate in Province-1 within a year. Likewise, there is on-going research to install charging stations in Biratnagar and Butwal.
When Will This Go into Action?
As luck has it, seven electric buses will be operational starting Monday. Moreover, another eleven electric buses will arrive in Kathmandu by mid-September.
If all goes according to the plan, you can expect to see them in action before Dashain.
As of this writing, Sundar Yatayat will only operate in Kathmandu valley. Moreover, various routes have been already set. It includes Narayan Gopal Chowk-Mediciti Hospital, New Bus Park-Gaushala, Koteshwar-Sallaghari, and Dungheadda-Attarkhel.
Finally, your cherry on the top… You will be charged 20%-25% less, on minimum, compared to normal bus fare!
What Do I Think?
Each bus holds a total capacity of 40 seats. After knowing all the conductors in Nepal, I’m pretty sure, the real capacity will exceed that number.
Personally, I am ecstatic! But… I have my doubts. I mean, I know our conductors.
They will try to get their money’s worth, trying to cram more than 40 people into the bus.
That’s fine. But I’m just worried. Especially with electric motor inside, can the electric bus handle all that pressure?
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- Confirmed: Yamaha MT 15 BS6 is Finally Launching in Nepal!Yamaha MT-15 BS6 is headed for Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the authorized distributor of Yamaha motorcycles…
- Infinix Mobiles Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsInfinix is a Hong Kong-based smartphone maker that focuses on making budget phones. Infinix mobiles…
- Samsung Dashain Tihar Offer 2078: up to 35% Discount on Samsung ProductsSamsung, Nepal’s leading consumer electronics brand is giving up to 35% discount on their products…