State of the Map Asia 2018 conference is going to be held in November. The conference is held in the Indian Institute of Management in Banglore. The organizers are giving scholarships to the participants for attending the conference.
The conference brings together people from different parts of the world, where they share their experiences of working on different projects and initiatives.
Why it matters:
- The organizers are helping out the participants with the scholarships as they understand that flying out to Bangalore can be quite expensive. They hope that the interested participants with financial constraints will also be able to attend the conference.
- It brings together meetup organisers, mapmakers, data contributors, coders, storytellers or community-builders.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
- The application for the scholarship is open only till May 11, 2018.
- According to State of the Map Asia, they are more likely to offer partial scholarships to help people get to the conference.
- If one selects the minimum level of scholarship that they need to get to the conference, they will be more likely to get the scholarship as it will be the better utilization of the fund.
- Also, participants are encouraged to provide a link to a local group they run, or a software they made, and to their OpenStreetMap profile. They are also encouraged to share how they’ll benefit from taking part in the conference.