How many weeks has it been since we’ve first heard about the rumors of Samsung S10 Lite? It’s been 10 weeks since I first heard of its initial rumors. From that point up until now, I’ve heard countless other possibilities which means that I’m not surprised with the launch of S10 Lite at all.
Almost everything that was predicted was implemented which made the launch a little bit boring, I guess. Well, whether it was fun or boring is not of concern here. The concern we have is, Will the S10 Lite Arrive in Nepal?
Samsung’s got a really broad market spread throughout the world and Nepal lies in that marketplace as well. So, the chances of S10 Lite appearing in Nepal is quite high. As for the launch date, we suspect the phone will be released by the last week of January. Now, setting all aside, let’s dive into the specifications of the S10 “Lite” right away.
Samsung S10 Lite Specifications
The S10 Lite features a reworked body which, by the way makes it look like one of those mid-range A series smartphones. Meaning, the exterior especially the rear does not seem that premium. The other reason as to why it doesn’t feel that premium is because it does not have any IP certification.
For me, the boxy triple camera setup on the rear left top gives off that vibe. The good news is that the frontal Infinity- O Display (punch-hole style notch) is still intact.
For Display, the S10 Lite gets a 6.7” sAMOLED panel with obviously an FHD+ resolution. The internals are just what you’d expect from a flagship tier smartphone; Snapdragon 855 with 6/8GB RAM alongside 128GB storage. The phone will present One UI 2.0 on top on Android Pie as well.
SEE ALSO: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
The camera department is a bit weird though. The boxy triple array comprises of a 48MP primary camera, comes with Super Steady OIS, lined up with a 12MP ultrawide, and a 5MP Macro. Over to the front, we have a 32MP front camera. The setup is weird because it’s not the kind of setup Samsung would usually go for in the flagship department. Especially the 32MP front camera, don’t you think so?
And last but not the least, the one of the most appealing features for the S10 Lite is that it features a huge 4500mAh battery size. And to charge up this monstrous battery, we do have a 25W fast charging; which undoubtedly should juice up the phone in no time at all.
Samsung S10 Lite Key Specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch Full HD+ (2400×1080 pixels), Super AMOLED Plus Infinity-O Display with 394ppi
- Dimensions: 75.6 x 162.5 x 8.1mm
- Chipset: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm (Max. 2.8 GHz + 2.4 GHz + 1.7 GHz) with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 10 with OneUI 2.0
- Rear Camera:
- 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, Super Steady OIS
- 12MP Ultra-Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP macro camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera:3 2MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 4,500mAh battery with 25W fast charging
Samsung S10 Lite Price in Nepal (Expected): Rs. 75,000 to Rs 80,000
Samsung S10 Lite Price in Nepal, Pricing & Impression
Well, in summary I think the S10 Lite is a lot like a high-end mid-range smartphone with the flagship title. I mean, the processor, storage flexibility, camera and battery aren’t all that uncommon nowadays. But whether you call it a flagship or high-end mid-range device, its still a pretty great value for kind of smartphone. Personally, I really don’t think the phone is that great build wise but that’s subjective.
Other than that, the 32MP camera does baffle me somehow, I just didn’t expect it from this device. Lastly, there seems to be no disclosure of pricing yet. So, we can only guess right now and I believe it’ll be placed somewhere in between Rs 75,000 to Rs 80,000. In this price range, its major competitor will most definitely be the OnePlus 7/7T.
For me, the obvious choice would be OnePlus 7T. The 90Hz refresh rate and dynamic body are just irresistible. Which one would you prefer among the two?
- Symphony Mobiles to Launch 4 Budget Smartphones in NepalSymphony smartphone is a totally new brand for Nepal. Based in Bangladesh, Symphony bar phones…
- CFMoto 250SR Launch in Nepal Confirmed for Early 2021CFMoto 250SR is coming soon in Nepal. ANNA International Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of…
- HiFuture to Launch TWS and Smart Wearables in Nepal SoonPlenty of new brands are entering Nepal in the audio and smartwatch categories. HiFuture, a…