Samsung is the biggest smartphone manufacturer in the world with over 22% of the market share. This is not an easy feat to achieve if it weren’t for their good phones. We can anticipate all the phones from Samsung to be great because of the standard this company has set. Samsung has released it’s new phone the Galaxy A8+, which is “good” phone but is not that very great. This phone has recently made its way to Nepali market. Following is a short overview of this phone. Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus price in Nepal is Rs. 65,000.
Of course, the phone is way better than any other out there, but the pricing that is close to that of flagship devices makes the hardware you get “Not a Bang for your Buck”. This phone is rocking an Exynos 7885 Octa-Core processor accompanied by a Mali-G71 Graphics processor. The phone has a whopping 6 GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. The screen on this device is a 6 inch 1080 x 2220 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen.
The Camera on this device is a disappointing one. It has a 16 Megapixel f/1.7 aperture sensor on the back. The reason I used the word “disappointing” is because, despite being a 16 MP sensor and a powerful enough CPU, the phone is not able to shoot 4K video and 1080p 60 fps videos. However, it produces some decent looking photos. The front camera is an interesting one. It has a dual sensor setup, a 16 Megapixel main shooter and an 8 Megapixel secondary shooter with an aperture of f/1.9. This can shoot videos at 1080p resolution. All of this is run by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy A8+ Key Specifications
- Display: 6.0 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080×2220 pixels (~441 PPI)
- Chipset: Exynos 7885
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: ARM Mali-G71
- OS: Android 7.1.1
- Memory: 64GB, 4GB
- Primary Camera: 16 MP, f/1.7, phase detection autofocus
- Secondary Camera: Dual: 16 MP + 8 MP, f/1.9
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery
Samsung A8 Plus Price in Nepal: Rs. 65,000
Samsung A8 Plus Price in Nepal (Introductory Offer): Rs. 59,999
Samsung Galaxy has that beautiful 18.5:9 aspect ratio “long” display. It has a powerful octa-core processor. It has a great front camera setup. The fingerprint placement problem that the Galaxy S8 had is not a problem in this phone. Nothing is precisely bad in this phone. But nothing is staggering either. Everything is “ok”. So, the price tag of 65 thousand rupees is not justified by the hardware you get in the A8 Plus.
For a certain period of time, you can get this device for Rs. 59,999.
What do you think of the new Samsung Galaxy A8+? Let us know in the comments down below
- Next-gen NIU e-Scooter, NIU NGT, Coming Soon in Nepal!Review of: NIU NGT Price:Rs. 4,00,000Reviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:5On June 22, 2019Last modified:June 22, 2019Summary:Damn.…
- Kia Seltos Compact SUV Launched in India: Will it Launch in Nepal?“Tata Harrier was revolutionary!” I know I’ve said that far too many times. Since it…
- Daraz Mobile Week – Get Literally up to 25% Discount using Card Payment!Daraz is bringing us another week of amazing offers on electronic products in four days.…