The Nepal Army has signed contracts with eight private contractors to work on the Kathmandu-Terai fast-track project. It plans to sign 14 more contractors for the project.
- The project which was first intended to be given to an Indian company was later directed to be handled by Nepal Army.
- The project that has a 76.2 km road will reduce travel time between Kathmandu and the Terai. There are also plans to build a second international airport in Nijgadh at the end of the road.
- The tract will have width of 23 m in the hilly areas and 25 m in the planes. Also, 99 bridges are to be built along with a tunnel in Makwanpur.
- After the project is completed, the travel time between Nijgadh and Kathmandu will be reduced to 60 minutes.
- Currently the Nepal Army is working to clear forests in Makwanpur’s Budune area. From there, the work is to be done by contractors.
- It has set up nine camps near Nijgadh, Rajamdar, Thingan and Khokana to work on the project.
Featured video from TechLekh
Xiaomi 12 Pro Unboxing & Impressions नेपालीमा
Purple Launches Affordable KW105 Smartwatch with Bluetooth Calling FeatureIOT incorporated, the authorized distributor of Purple smartwatch has launched Purple KW105. It is a…
Suzuki V-Strom SX, New 250cc Adventure Motorcycle, Expected to Launch in Nepal Soon!Suzuki V-Strom SX is heading to Nepal… allegedly. Vishal Group, the authorized distributor of Suzuki…
Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro with ECG Feature Launched in NepalHuawei has launched its smartwatch Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro in Nepal. The Huawei Watch…