OYO Rooms or OYO is an Indian hotel brand that owns, operates and even aggregates the standardized hotel rooms. It officially opened its first hotel in Nepal on May 24 of this year after partnering with the Hotel Prince Plaza at Sanogaucharan. Now in less than 5 months, OYO has added six new hotels to its chain in Kathmandu.
There six new hotels in Kathmandu are:
- OYO 109 Kathmandu Embassy Hotel at Surya Mukhi Marga,
- OYO 101 Kathmandu City Hotel at Thamel,
- OYO 102 Alliance Hotel at Boudha,
- OYO 105 Hotel Travel Inn, GAUSHALA,
- OYO 110 Hotel Royal Kathmandu at Gongabu, and
- OYO 104 Hotel Baltic Inn, Tribhuvan International Airport, Sinamangal
These rooms are presently available at a 25% discount.
Launched on 2013, OYO was limited to only three major cities of India however it has expanded its business unbelievably within a short span of four years; it is currently operating in more than 250 Indian cities and three countries (including Nepal) with over 7000 hotels.
The company initiated its foray overseas starting with Malaysia in 2016 and has been expanding ever since. It has erected over 200 hotels in various cities of the country.
One of the reasons for OYO to consider Nepal as a destination for expansion is the data from Department of Immigration, which states that of the 174,803 tourists who visited Nepal in 2016, highest number of them were reported from India.
So, the India based OYO plans an steady expansion in Nepal.
- OTTO CR03 Review: Good Pick for First-time Users!So, at under Rs. 7,000. What kind of phone would you prefer? A bar phone…
- Honda HR-V Available in Nepal; Price Starts at Rs. 99 LakhsThis shouldn’t come as such a surprise given the extreme popularity of SUVs in Nepal.…
- X-AGE Accessories Launched in Nepal: Headphones, Powerbanks, Speakers & MoreX-AGE Mobile founded in 2000 deals in affordable mobile phones and accessories. Currently, this brand…