If you love data, yes data, why not celebrate its importance in the new and budding world that is slowly and gradually relying for everything on data?
To be a part of this full-day free, exciting, interactive event, gather at Patan Durbar Square and Museum on the 3rd of March.
Open Data Day Nepal 2018 is being jointly organized by the Center for Data Journalism, Freedom Forum, Kathmandu Living Labs, Local Interventions Group, Bikas Udhyami, and Open Knowledge Nepal, as a part of the Open Nepal initiative, with funding and support from the Data for Development Program.
The activities for the day include:
- Photo Exhibition around Patan Durbar Square (9am-5pm): The exhibition will showcase interesting pictures, and data-related work done by the Center for Data Journalism, Kathmandu Living Labs, Local Interventions Group, Nepal in Data and Open Knowledge Nepal.
- Mapathon at Patan Museum (9am-11:30pm): A workshop will be hosted by Kathmandu Living Labs on how to make use of and add information to Open Street Maps. For more details, please follow this Facebook event.
- Data Treasure Hunt and Data Related Children Activities at Adarsha school (10:00 am-1:00 pm): At Adarsha school next to the Patan museum, Bikas Udhyami has organized a kids program with a data-treasure hunt, data face painting, a clown, magician and trampoline.
- Panel Discussion and Presentations (1:30pm-3:30 pm): An interactive and informative session for people to learn more about and ask questions on the use of data for different types of work in Nepal.
- Musical Performance (3:40pm-5:00 pm): The event will end with an energy-packed performance by Nattu & The Team.
In addition to the activities on 3rd of March, a new event is coming up soon:
- Journalist Datathon – 28 Feb 2018: Open Knowledge Nepal and Center for Data Journalism are hosting a pre-event with journalists, giving them a space to implement their learning by using data in practice. The final products of this event will be showcased at the main Open Data Day event on March 3, 2018. You can read more about the event here.
When: March 3 (Saturday)
Time: 9 AM – 5 PM
Where: Patan Durbar Square
Entry-Level Benco V62 with Unisoc SC9832e Processor Launched in NepalMobile brand Benco today launched Benco V62, its new entry-level smartphone, in Nepal. The Benco…
Purple Universal True Wireless Earbuds Launched in NepalNepali brand Purple has launched its first TWS named Purple Universal True Wireless Earbuds in…
Suzuki Avenis 125 Launch is Happening on August 22 in Nepal!Suzuki Avenis 125 launch is finally happening in Nepal. VG Suzuki, the authorized distributor of…