Alongside the OnePlus Nord, OnePlus unveiled the OnePlus Buds as well. It’s the first TWS from OnePlus and it’s an affordable one.
So what does the first TWS from OnePlus has to offer? Let see!
OnePlus Buds Specifications
- Body: IPX4 Dust and Water-resistant
- Driver: 13.4 mm dynamic driver
- Driver Sensitivity: 97 dB ± 3dB @ 1 KHz
- Frequency Response Range: 20 Hz- 20 kHz
- Microphone Sensitivity: -38 dB ± 2dB
- Bluetooth® Version: 5.0
- Bluetooth Range: 10 m
- Battery Capacity: 35 mAh battery – 7 h (single charge), 420 mAh battery – 30 h (with charging case)
- Charging Port: USB Type-C, Earbuds+Charging box: ～80 mins to full charge
- Colors: White/Gray/Nord Blue
OnePlus Buds Price in Nepal: ~Rs. 10,000 (Expected)
OnePlus Buds Overview
It doesn’t have adjustable silicone tips so, the fit will not be the same for everyone. But it does come with IPX4 rating.
Each earbud weighs around 4.7 gm whereas the charging box weighs 37 gm. The buds are light and the charging case is also quite compact. The case has a USB Type C for charging. It is available in three colors: White, Gray, and Nord Blue.
OnePlus Buds has a 13.4mm dynamic driver which will provide a wide soundstage. It supports Dolby Surround Sound and Dirac Audio Tuner for richer tones, clearer vocals, and deep bass.
They have gong with a non-Qualcomm chip inside so it doesn’t support higher quality codecs like apt-X HD but it does support SBC and AAC codecs.
Furthermore, OnePlus claims that they are using a noise cancellation algorithm and three microphones to improve call quality.
Connectivity and Touch Controls
Like most of the TWS, OnePlus Buds use touch controls for music control. Double-tap to skip to next song and long press to switch between synced devices. This amounts to limited flexibility but OnePlus says it will add customization when the buds eventually roll out.
As for connectivity it uses Bluetooth V5 and has a fast pair feature that only works with OnePlus device. This works just like how the Apple Airpods work with iPhones.
The buds have 35 mAh battery whereas the case has 420 mAh battery. OnePlus claims 7 hours of music playback with a fully charged earbuds. And, a total of 30 hours of music playback along with the charging case.
Battery life is definitely impressive but more impressive is it’s fast charging that allows 10 hours of playback with 10 mins of charging.
OnePlus Buds Price in Nepal and Availability
OnePlus Buds is priced at Rs. 4,990 in India. So, it could be priced around Rs. 10,000 if it launches in Nepal.
|Model Name||Expected Price in Nepal||Availability in Nepal|
|OnePlus Buds||Rs. 10000||The date hasn't been fixed.|
It looks very similar to the Apple Airpods but I prefer in-ear design rather than this half in-ear design. On to the battery and charging, it’s really good for what it costs.
Of course, it doesn’t get premium features like Wireless charging. But, it also doesn’t support apt-X HD codec. So I’m slightly surprised that OnePlus didn’t go with Qualcomm chipset.
Another thing that bugged me is the limited touch controls and the fact that fast pairing works only with OnePlus devices.
Everything else looks cool including that Nord blue color. But, let’s see if it makes it into Nepal.
So what are your thoughts about the OnePlus Buds? Share it in the comments!
More on Gadgets:
- iPhone SE (2020), The Cheapest iPhone in 2020, Arrives in Nepal – Price Starts at Rs. 70,000
- OPPO A52 with Stereo Speakers and Snapdragon 665 Launched in Nepal
- Samsung A21s with Exynos 850 and HD+ Screen Launched in Nepal
- Yamaha Fascino 125 FI First Ride: Refined BS6 Engine and New Practical FeaturesWe’ve come a long way since the early days of scooters in Nepal. Scooters are…
- Oppo F17 Pro with Quad Cameras And Helio P95 to Launch Soon in NepalOppo has recently launched some budget phones like Oppo A53 and Oppo A12 in Nepal.…
- Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 Launched in Nepal, Priced at Rs. 5.69 LakhsHusqvarna Vitpilen 250 and Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 is now available in Nepal! Hansraj Hulaschand &…
- Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 Launched in Nepal: Priced Well!Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 and Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 is now in Nepal! Hansraj Hulaschand & Co.…