Hey there! Do you know that OnePlus dropped the OnePlus 7 Pro yesterday? If you don’t then you should. OnePlus 7 Pro was one of the most anticipated smartphones of the year and my goodness, they really did deliver!
A Quad HD+ display with a 90HZ refresh rate, no bezels, curved screen, and a pop up front camera. Among everything, I’m really excited to see the OnePlus 7 Pro’s display with my own eye. I have to see if it’s better than my current favorite; the S10 Plus.
With the OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus certainly moved out of their flagship killer territory and I’m really glad they did it. This is certainly the right step going forward, competing against the giants like Samsung, Huawei, and Apple; they had to tun up their game even if it meant an expensive smartphone. But hey, it’s still cheaper than the current flagship from Samsung, Huawei, and Apple.
OnePlus 7 Pro starts at $669 and the price tag seems pretty justified. They spent heavily on the new curved AMOLED display which they are calling the “Fluid Display” and furthermore it’s the only other display to support the HDR10+ after the S10 Plus.
So, this is basically what’s new about the OnePlus 7 Pro except for the obvious things like the new processor and new camera setup. Well, I’ll just go ahead and list all of the new specs right down there.
OnePlus 7 Pro Specifications
- Display: 6.67 inches Fluid AMOLED, HDR10+, 90Hz, 108.8 cm2 (~88.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Screen Resolution: 1440 x 3120 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~516 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: Internal 256 GB, 8/12 GB RAM or 128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Rear Camera: Triple 48 MP f/1.6 Laser/PDAF + OIS,
16 MP f/2.2 13mm (ultrawide),
8 MP f/2.4 (telephoto) 3x zoom Laser/PDAF + OIS
- Front Camera: Motorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.0
- Video: 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 720p@480fps, Auto HDR, gyro-EIS
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery, Fast battery charging 30W (Warp Charge)
OnePlus 7 Pro Price: $669 (6/128), $699 (8/128), $749 (12/256)
OnePlus 7 Pro looks good, looks fast, and on overall looks like a fluid phone. They went for an all-screen phone even if they had to resort to a pop-up camera. Well, everyone knew it was coming. OnePlus says the pop-up camera can withstand 300,000 movements and that’s a lot.
The pop-up camera even retracts itself when it detects the phone falling out of your hands. It’s very thoughtful of them to do have this feature, but this shows that the pop-up camera is still fragile hardware. Thanks to the pop-up camera, the display became outstanding but there’s a drawback, the face unlock on the OnePlus 7 Pro is now slower than it was on the OnePlus 6T.
The OnePlus 7 Pro looks awesome with its 90HZ display, but it does take a toll on its battery. Even with its huge 4000 mAh, the early reviews have pointed out that it will give you around 4 hours of screen on time. However, you get the awesome warp charge on the OnePlus 7 Pro. A 30W fast charging, that charges the phone from 0 to 100 in just an hour.
Everything about the OnePlus 7 Pro looks great. Great body, great build, great display, great screen, and everything else. They even improved their camera system with a new triple camera setup that includes a wide angle lens. But still, the camera will be its weak point compared to the high-end flagships.
Now, I’m excited to get my hands on the OnePlus 7 Pro and according to rumors, it will cost whooping 95k in Nepal. This price tag really does make me hesitate and even if you have this kind of cash to spend on the phone. I won’t really be satisfied as a OnePlus fan.
- 2019 Suzuki Gixxer 155 Officially Launched: Beautiful or Ugly?Finally! Suzuki decided to give Gixxer’s the much-needed redesign. Apparently, Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 and…
- OnePlus 7 Open for Pre-Booking in Nepal: Affordable & Still Superb?Review of: Oneplus 7Price:Rs. 66,999Reviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On July 16, 2019Last modified:July 16, 2019Summary:But you…
- Sony Camera Super Deals – These Discounts Are Really HUGE!!!While Sony’s smartphones haven’t been able to make much space for themselves on the smartphone…