- According to Anil Keshari Shah, Deputy Chairman of Banker Association and Deputy CEO of Nabil Bank, the POS mahine was launched by Grindlays Bank, now known as Standard Chartered Bank. Later on, Alpine Card Services started giving facility of POS system.
- Initially, Alpine joined the POS system in collaboration with the Union Bank of Singapore. After Nepal Standard Chartered Bank started giving cards, Alpine collaborated with Nepal Standard Chartered Bank.
- After Standard Chartered Bank closed the said POS service, Alpine is working with Himalayan Bank to make card payment.
- According to the President of Banker’s Association of Nepal, Gyanendra Dhungana, 28 commercial banks are currently providing debit and credit card services.
Why it matters:
- POS machine is a medium of cashless business. Through this, the customer can make payments through their debit or credit card.
- The number of POS machine has been increasing due to increase in the number of malls, airlines, and various companies that are readily accepting it.
- Increase in POS machines is a reflection of increase in better, faster, industry-relevant transaction services, practices and possibly a move towards digital business.
Collateral-free and Paperless “FoneLoan” is a New Drive in the Banking SectorThe lending landscape has been changing with the increasing adoption of digitization among banks and…
Draft e-Commerce Bill: Major Highlights and Issues Raised by the StakeholdersThe smartphone revolution and increasing internet penetration is creating fertile ground for the e-commerce market.…
Samsung A72 Review: A Solid Premium Mid-Range SmartphonePros Good design 90Hz Super AMOLED display is impressive Good performance Long-lasting battery 3X Optical…
GWM Wingle 5 Coming Soon in Nepal: Pickup Truck Build for Real World!GWM Wingle 5 is launching soon in Nepal. VG Impex Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor…
Lenovo to Launch Three New Tablets in NepalLenovo is a Chinese multinational tech company incorporated in Hong Kong. The company manufactures laptops,…