Why it matters:
This service makes it easy for new customers to open their account without visiting the bank from the comfort of their home or even when they are on-the-move.
What they are saying:
- “We have launched this convenient and hassle-free service for our customers residing all over the world keeping in mind that time is of value for everyone and with the view to enable our prospective customers to avail of this facility at their own convenience”, acting CEO Raveena Desraj Shrestha stated in a statement issued by the bank.
- She added, “Customers can now easily use this service while traveling, at the Airport, metro, train, from the office or even at home with the support of internet facility.”
How it works:
- In order to open an account, customers need to visit the banks’ official website, megabanknepal.com.
- On the site, there are various options to choose the type of account they want to create. Upon opening the link, users can fill the form online and upload a copy of their citizenship or passport with a passport size photograph.
- The account needs to be verified via the user’s email address and the bank will proceed with the further verification process.
- However, the customers need to visit the Bank one time to verify their respective signatures and the documents. Then the process is completed.
- Here’s a video you can follow to guide you through the process.
- Nepal Rastra Bank Brings New Regulations for Digital Transactions
- Cashless Banking In Nepal [Overview]
- Nabil Bank Introduces QR Code Payment in Nepal
Collateral-free and Paperless “FoneLoan” is a New Drive in the Banking SectorThe lending landscape has been changing with the increasing adoption of digitization among banks and…
Draft e-Commerce Bill: Major Highlights and Issues Raised by the StakeholdersThe smartphone revolution and increasing internet penetration is creating fertile ground for the e-commerce market.…
It’s Official! POCO X3 Pro with Snapdragon 860 Finally Launched in NepalPOCO has launched the POCO X3 Pro in Nepal. Poco X3 Pro price in Nepal…
Mi Band 6 with SpO2 Sensor Launched in NepalXiaomi updates its fitness tracker lineup with the launch of Mi Band 6 in Nepal.…
Covid-19 Vaccination Online Registration in Nepal Opens for 18+: Here’s How-to RegisterMinistry of Health and Population has opened an online registration form for the vaccine against…