The market for budget phones has been gobbled up by the big players like Xiaomi, Samsung, and Huawei. But, there are manufacturers like Lava that are still making the phones especially targeting this budget market without being intimidated by these giant companies. In its endeavor, Lava has released yet another one of its phone, Lava Iris 50c.
Lava Iris 50c won’t win any awards for its looks. There’s no 19:9 aspect ratio screen, or fancy curves. It’s just a phone that is designed to do your most basic tasks on a phone – calling, texting, and occasionally browsing the internet. Its 5-inch FWVGA display is adequate to do just that. The 1.3 GHz processor combined with 1GB RAM will be just enough to complete those normal tasks. Don’t expect smooth multitasking experience here. The 8GB internal storage won’t be able to hold many apps and photos either.
It does help that the phone comes preloaded with Android Go, Google’s stripped down OS for phones with low resources. The phone will perform faster than normal phones in the similar price range with full Android OS on it.
Lava Iris 50c Key Specifications
- Display: 5.0-inch FWVGA display
- Chipset: MT6580M, Quad-core, 1.3GHz
- OS: Android Go, Android 8.1
- Memory: 8GB ROM, 1 GB RAM
- Primary Camera: 5MP
- Secondary Camera: 2MP
- Battery: Removable Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery
- Sensors: Proximity sensor/Light sensor/G-sensor
Lava Iris 50c Price in Nepal: Rs. 7,599
There are two cameras on this phone. One 5MP sensor at the back, and another 2MP sensor at the front. We don’t expect this camera to blow anyone away with their photos. They are adequate for quick snaps for social media, but they are not great. But that’s expected at the price point this phone is launching.
Overall, Lava Iris 50c isn’t made for any phone enthusiasts. It is for those people who don’t care much about the cameras on their phone, don’t play games on it, and don’t multitask all too often. It is for those people who will mostly use their phone for calling and texting. If you are one of those people, or if you are buying for one of those people then Lava Iris 50c might be a phone you should consider.
- Now Send Data Packs and Other Services as Gift Packs Via Nepal Telecom AppCan you transfer me some balance? This is quite common between friends and family. Isn’t…
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Launch Soon in Nepal: Here’s Everything You Should KnowIts that time of the year again. Royal Enfield Nepal is prepping up for the…
- GoPro Hero 8 Black Now Available in Nepal: A Significant UpgradeThe 8th iteration of the GoPro action camera series was unveiled in October. The GoPro…