Khalti, an emerging digital wallet and payment gateway in Nepal has announced the partnership with Foodmandu, Nepal’s no. 1 online food delivery platform. Amit Agrawal, Director of Khalti and Manohar Adhikari, Founder and CEO of Foodmandu signed the partnership agreement on Thursday, 27 December 2018. This collaboration will facilitate users to make digital payments for food ordered online through Foodmandu app and website.
Announcing the partnership, Khalti’s Director Amit Agrawal said,
“With this tie-up, our customers, especially those who love ordering food online will have the unique advantage of making cashless payment through their mobile phone.
“Nepal’s payment ecosystem is in the midst of a shift toward digital. We are seeing a surge in demand for online purchases as more people are feeling at ease paying for products and services via digital channels. And, at Khalti, we are continuously evolving and innovating towards building a hassle-free digital payment ecosystem.
“This strategic partnership with Foodmandu will be instrumental in helping us push use cases that consumers are interested in. We consider this tie-up as another step towards digital and cashless Nepal. We are always committed to providing more value to our users and will be adding many more features and services on Khalti very soon.”
Likewise, Foodmandu’s CEO Manohar Adhikari said,
“We are glad to be partnering with Khalti and make its digital payment facility available to all our customers. Now, Foodmandu customers will not have to solely depend on physical cash for making payment. With digital payments via Khalti, we expect to get rid of problems associated with Cash-On-Delivery.
“With this partnership, Foodmandu customers will be able to order their favorite food from 300+ restaurants in Kathmandu and pay using the Khalti app.”
Though e-commerce and online shopping trend is rapidly growing in Nepal, digital payment scene is yet to take off and Cash-On-Delivery is still the principal method of e-commerce payments. This partnership is expected to shift payments on online purchase in Nepal, from Cash-On-Delivery to Digital Payments.
This partnership for digital payment for online food delivery holds a significance at a time the government has just started receiving revenue and all forms of taxes online in Nepal. It is expected to push the adoption of digital payment in Nepal.
As part of the partnership launch offer, Foodmandu users will get 5% cashback from Khalti on each payment. Users will also get attractive offers in future on digital payment through Khalti.
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…
- Jawa 42 Launched in Nepal: Classic Jawa in a Modern Avatar!Jawa 42 is now available in Nepal. Agni MotoInc Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributors of…