The Ministry of Health and Population has created an online portal that shows regular statistics regarding the health sector of Nepal. The main purpose of the site is to monitor the health indicators of Nepal.
Why it Matters:
- With this site in place, the information regarding health sector will be available to the general population. The site is mainly focused on keeping track of the health Indicators of Nepal.
- It also falls in line with the Sustainable Development Goals as the site shows the target numbers of various indicators that the Government has planned to achieve by 2030.
- The site presents all the data in the form of various graphs, percentages, and concise points. All of it is represented in a simple way with colored indicators that makes the use and access of the site easy. It also shows the increase and decrease in the numbers via percentage comparing the current data with data collected previously.
- The site is focused on various health indicators; the home page shows the data for Maternal Mortality Ratio, Pregnancy-related Mortality Ratio, Children with Diarrhea, Under Five Children Mortality Rate, Total Fertility Rate, Married Women currently using any modern method of contraception (CPR), Children Stunted, Children Wasted, and Neonatal Mortality Rate. All of the mentioned topics are considered to be the main indicators of health in Nepal.
- The site also provides the statistics based on geographical division, education level, ethnicity, and economic status of people.
- The dashboard can be accessed here: http://126.96.36.199:8888/sdg/
- Nepali Student Part of Discovery that May Improve Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes
- Telehealth Improving Care Access for Women in Rural Nepal
- Technology Bank for Least Developed Countries Inaugurated