Hyundai Nepal has officially launched the new Hyundai Aura in Nepal.
Laxmi Intercontinental Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributors of Hyundai vehicles in Nepal, has announced the arrival via a Facebook post. Due to the ongoing situation, the company has decided to launch the new sedan through its social channels.
The all-new Hyundai Aura brings in plenty of new features with a BS6 engine, trying to be the modern trendsetter. It brings forth a breathtaking design with superior comfort.
According to the Hyundai representative, the new Aura comes as a single variant. Moreover, the sedan is already available across all Hyundai showrooms.
On a side note, it is weird to see the arrival of a sedan, especially in a market dominated by SUVs.
Let’s try to dissect just how Hyundai Aura might be superior to other SUVs at this price point.
Hyundai Aura Specifications
- Engine: 1.2L Kappa Dual VTVT Petrol Engine (BS6 Compliant)
- Displacement: 1197cc
- Dimension: 3995 x 1680 x 1520 mm
- Wheelbase: 2450 mm
- Max Power: 83 PS @ 6000 rpm
- Max Torque: 113.76 Nm @ 4000 rpm
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
- Drive Type: FWD
- Top Speed: 149 Kmph
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 37 liters
- Mileage: 13 km/ltr
- Front Tyre: 165/70-R14– Disc
- Rear Tyre:165/70-R14– Drum
- Tubeless Tyres: Yes
- Safety System: Dual Airbags, ABS, EBD
- Suspension Setup: McPherson Strut and Coupled Torsion Beam Axle
- Seating: 5-Seater
- Storage Capacity: 402 Ltrs.
- Ground Clearance: 165 mm
- Kerb Weight: 892 – 936 kg
- Colors: Fiery Red, Titan Grey, Typhoon Silver, Polar White, and Brown
Hyundai Aura Price in Nepal: Rs. 33,90,000
The new Hyundai Aura features one of the captivating good looks, clearly setting it apart from the rest.
On the front, Aura comes with a Satin Silver Front Grille design alongside Twin Boomerang LED DRLs. Likewise, it also comes with a sharp headlamp and stylish chrome-surrounded foglamps.
The front section completes a mean and aggressive look.
Moving towards the side profile, Aura features a coupe-like stance with the blacked-out pillars. It gives off a modern floating roof appearance.
On the rear, it gets a stylish Z-shaped LED tail lamp. Everything is neatly packed with the rear chrome garnish with a unique center spread “AURA” branding.
Moving inside, Hyundai has included premium styles like the Dual-tone Grey Interiors and Satin Bronze Crash Pad. Both the exterior and interior relishes a superior styling.
Hyundai Aura 2020 is powered by a BSVI-compliant 1.2L Kappa Dual VTVT Petrol Engine.
It can generate a max power of 83 PS at 6000rpm and max torque of 113.76 Nm at 4000rpm. Moreover, it is mated to a 5-speed automatic transmission.
If you think you’ve heard about the engine before, you’re not wrong.
Hyundai has proudly included the same engine in Hyundai Grand i10. Thus, it does get the same engine with a similar level of performance.
Hyundai Aura comes with several awesome features, few of them are first-in-the-segment and best-in-the-segment. Combing these features together, Aura sets itself as a strong body structure and state-of-the-art safety features.
Here’s a quick list of the major features in the new Hyundai Aura 2020.
Hyundai Aura Feature Highlights
- Strong Body Structure
- ABS with EBD
- Emergency Stop Signal (1st in the Segment)
- Projector Fog Lamps with Chrome Surround (Best in Segment)
- Rear Parking Sensor
- Driver and Passenger Airbags
- Steering Mounted Controls
- Touch Screen Infotainment System
- Cooled Glove Box
That’s just a tip of an iceberg. Hyundai has happily included most of the features like Speed Sensing Door Lock, Central Locking, Day-Night Inside Rear-View Mirror, Keyless Entry, among many others as standard.
Hyundai Aura Price in Nepal and Availability
As of this writing, the Hyundai Aura is now available in Nepal. Unfortunately, there wasn’t any major event that one would normally expect. But something is better than nothing, right?
As for the pricing, the Hyundai Aura price in Nepal is set at Rs. 33,96,000.
If you consider the sheer number of features on offer, at least at this price point, Hyundai Aura seems like a great deal.
But there’s a catch!
It’s a sedan, not a hatchback nor an SUV. Let’s not forget that these are appealing to the Nepali customers over the sedan.
Well, Hyundai claims it to be a sedan. Sadly, the styling looks a little awkward, ensuing a mismatch between the front and the rear section. The front looks like a hatchback whereas the rear looks like something.
I think Hyundai Nepal knows about this as well, that’s why we get a single variant of the Hyundai Aura.
In any case, the Aura is feature-loaded which makes it an appealing sedan, especially in a market where companies hide their features behind options and variants.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who sells Hyundai cars in Nepal?
Laxmi Intercontinental Pvt. Ltd. is the authorized distributor of Hyundai vehicles in Nepal.
Is Hyundai Aura a good car?
Yes, Hyundai Aura is a good car that is feature-loaded at a great price point. While the overall styling is debatable, it still offers great value for money proposition.
What is the price of the Hyundai Aura in Nepal?
Hyundai Aura price in Nepal is set at Rs. 33,96,000.
- Symphony Mobiles to Launch 4 Budget Smartphones in NepalSymphony smartphone is a totally new brand for Nepal. Based in Bangladesh, Symphony bar phones…
- CFMoto 250SR Launch in Nepal Confirmed for Early 2021CFMoto 250SR is coming soon in Nepal. ANNA International Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of…
- HiFuture to Launch TWS and Smart Wearables in Nepal SoonPlenty of new brands are entering Nepal in the audio and smartwatch categories. HiFuture, a…