Whenever we talk about new electric cars, it’s always about an international brand making its way into Nepal. Audi e-Tron, Hyundai Kona, Kia e-Niro among others are just some of the international examples.
However, that does not seem to be the case with Hulas Motors. Well, Hulas Motors is a national brand, even among the first vehicle manufacturer in Nepal. While the company was inactive a few years ago, they are expected to make a comeback.
The comeback is going to be a great one! Apparently, Hulas Motors is testing its “Da Vinci” in Biratnagar. Furthermore, Da Vinci will be the first Nepal-made budget electric car. As for the pricing, nothing has been set in stones. However, Hulas Motors Da Vinci price in Nepal is expected to be around Rs. 15Lakhs – 20Lakhs.
Hulas Motors Da Vinci: Overview
Da Vinci is powered by an AC motor that generates a max power of 5KW. This can get it to the top speed of 60kmph. Moreover, it is equipped with ten pieces of 6v200Ah Maintenance-free battery. Furthermore, it can be charged in just 8-10 hours with an expected range of 170km.
As for the features, you will get all the standards. Going into details, you will get 7-inch Infotainment System, Front Power Windows, Climate Control, Power Steering, Center Lock and so much more.
Talking about the styling, it’s… polarizing. Obviously, Hulas is going for a mix between Land Rover and Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R. Basically, a strange hybrid between an SUV and a Hatchback.
As for how it looks, that’s totally up for you to decide!
Hulas Motors Da Vinci Key Specifications
- Mileage (city): 170km
- Top Speed: 60kmph
- Number of Gears: Automatic
- Battery capacity: 10x 200Ah6V
- Charging time: 8-10hr
- Braking: Disc/Drum
- Max Power: 5Kw
- Weight: 800Kg
Hulas Motors Da Vinci Price in Nepal: TBA
Hulas Motors Da Vinci: Initial Impression
Obviously, Hulas Motors is moving into the territory which they have never been before. First, it’s a Nepali-made electric ca… Sorry, a Nepali-made affordable electric car.
Bringing something like this to the market, it has to check every box to be a daily commuter. By the looks of things, it seems to be a promising daily commuter.
To be fair, I haven’t seen it in person. Plus, I don’t know how the interiors feel, the driving experience, built quality, assurance among a few other things.
Honestly, it takes more to be a daily commuter than being just affordable.
Thus, I simply can’t put my entire faith on Hulas Motors’ Da Vinci… Not until we get an opportunity to see it in-person. Before that happens, we have to wait and watch.
Anyways, I like that Hulas Motors is taking huge risks. So, I would like to wish them all the best for the future! I can’t wait to get my hands on the Da Vinci!!!
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street First Ride: Mixed Experiences!Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street is now available in Nepal. HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…