Huawei is a popular brand, there is no doubt about that. Not only in the Nepali market, but it’s a globally recognized smartphone manufacturer which has been producing decent smartphones over the years. Huawei has recently updated its flagship smartphone for the year 2018.
Huawei P20 Pro, just another smartphone with 3 cameras on the back. Wait, whaaaa…..? Yeah, this is exactly how I responded when I heard that there is a flagship phone out there which has a triple camera setup on the back. What amazed me more was it has a DxOMark score of hundred freaking nine. What in gods name did Huawei do with the camera? Google Pixel 2 has a score of ninety-eight for god’s sake. Let’s check this phone out and we will talk about the cameras more in specification outline.
Unlike the other articles, I am going to start off by talking about the camera. It has three cameras. Not one. Not two. But three. Those too aren’t some run off the mill 12-megapixel regular sensors. One of them is 40-megapixel main sensor with f/1.8 aperture. Another one is 20-megapixel f/1.6 aperture monochrome sensor and the third one is 8-megapixel telephoto lens with an aperture of f/2.4. No wonder it got that DxOMark rating. The front camera is a 24 megapixel f/2.0 aperture sensor.
Moving onto the “brain”. It is powered by a Hisilicon Kirin 970. Seriously, Huawei? Seriously? You nail everything and then you miss out on the SoC? What would have happened if you put your ego aside and chose the Snapdragon 845? See? Nobody would have been disappointed. I know the Kirin 970 is not a bad chip but it is nowhere near the Snapdragon 845. I am skeptical about whether the Kirin 970 will be able to harness all of the power of that triple camera setup. The RAM on this device is 6GB and the internal is 128GB which should be pretty much enough for everyone.
The display is a 6.1 inch AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1080×2240 pixels. I can live with this. No FHD+ display needed. Providing juice to all these hardware is a 4000 mAh Non-removable battery.
Huawei P20 Pro Key Specifications
- Display: 6.1-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080×2240 pixels
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 970
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP12
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Memory: 128GB ROM, 6GB RAM
- Primary Camera: Triple: 40 MP (f/1.8, 27mm, 1/1.7″, OIS) + 20 MP B/W (f/1.6, 27mm) + 8 MP (f/2.4, 80mm)
- Secondary Camera: 24 MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
Huawei P20 Pro Price in Nepal (Expected): Rs. 1,20,000
This is one hell of a smartphone. If it weren’t for the Kirin 970, I would choose this phone over Galaxy S9 and the Pixel 2 XL. But, the processor let me down. This might have similar performance to that of the Snapdragon 845, but the image processing is not as good. The one thing that is different about this smartphone is the camera, and if that is not well optimized, well there is no point in buying this smartphone.
However, things might change with a software update. If Huawei is somehow able to use the processing power, things will go well for this smartphone. If you are not the kind of person who takes a lot of photos and videos, then well, this might actually be a viable option for you. Everything else from the design to the screen is on point. So, if the camera is not a deal breaker for you, go for it.
This phone will be a great competitor for the smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S9 and the iPhone X, but the price might be something that will hold this device back. The price of this phone in the international market is close to a thousand dollars and when it will come to Nepal, the price will be close to Rs. 1,20,000., which is premium to pay and most will not pay this much.
So, tell us in the comments down below about what you think of this smartphone in the comments down below.
- Yamaha Fascino 125 FI First Ride: Refined BS6 Engine and New Practical FeaturesWe’ve come a long way since the early days of scooters in Nepal. Scooters are…
- Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 Launched in Nepal, Priced at Rs. 5.69 LakhsHusqvarna Vitpilen 250 and Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 is now available in Nepal! Hansraj Hulaschand &…
- Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 Launched in Nepal: Priced Well!Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 and Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 is now in Nepal! Hansraj Hulaschand & Co.…
- TATA Altroz Launched in Nepal: Most Anticipated Hatchback Now at Killer Price!Tata Altroz is now available in Nepal. Sipradi Trading Private Limited, the authorized distributor of…