General Mobile GM 5 Plus is the First Ever Android One device entering Nepal. For those of you wondering what an Android One device is – it’s a program that was started by Google in 2014 to tackle mainly three challenges in the smartphone business – hardware, software, and connectivity.
Android One is a hardware and software standard that is created by Google for an Android system which was meant for the consumers in the developing countries. The Android One smartphones run purely on stock Android and are targeted for budget customers. You get the hardware and software standard set by Google and the connectivity is really good in an Android One device. So, General Mobile a Turkish Mobile brand has partnered with Google’s Android One Initiative and launched its new Android One device, the GM 5 Plus.
The General Mobile GM 5 Plus is one of the first premium Android One smartphone. This device is not crap at all like the previous Android One smartphones which had lower specs and poor build quality. This time General Mobile has stepped up their game with the Android One by Google. They have tried to deliver the best out of an Android One device keeping the price point in mind.
The General Mobile GM 5 Plus is out in the Nepali market for pre-booking via this link and is priced at Rs. 24,999. The phone will go on sale from 4th of April and the mobile will be delivered as “Pre-order, First Delivery” basis via Thulo Pasal Pvt. Ltd. Four different color options are available for this phone: Space Grey, Silver, Gold and Rose Gold.
The GM 5 Plus has a high-grade titanium plus aluminum alloy metal frame design housing a premium textured back cover. It is one of the highest ends Android One phone till date which is running Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 64bit Octa-Core chipset clocked at 1.5 GHz with 3 GB of RAM.
The device comes with a 5.5-inches Full HD IPS display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 4 for damage resistance. And since it is an Android One device, it comes with the new Android 7.0 Nougat OS out of the box. Talking about the camera department in the GM 5 Plus, it has a 13MP Sony sensor on both the rear and front ends. The selfie lovers will love the front facing 13MP camera with the autofocus and a selfie flash.
This device also comes with a good internal storage of 32GB which is hardly found in the budget smartphones and it also supports microSD expansion up to 128GB. The GM 5 Plus comes with a 3,100 mAh non-removable battery which supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and is also equipped with a Type-C Connector. It has a good connectivity modem technology and Mr. Muzaffer Golcu, the General Manager of General Mobile has stated that with 4.5G LTE-A Cat-7 modem technology, users can upload at a speed of 100 Mbps and download at 300 Mbps as well as share contents within seconds.
Looking at the specification of the GM 5 Plus in papers, it is actually quite impressive. I think the GM 5 Plus is a great phone for what it is offering at this price point. The only downside to this phone is the missing fingerprint scanner which would have become an icing to the cake. So, if you are looking for a pure stock Android experience with a relatively good price point and an alternative to the Google’s Pixel, then you should check this new Android One device – the General Mobile GM 5 Plus.
General Mobile GM 5 Plus Key Specifications
- Display – 5-inches FHD IPS LTPS touchscreen with 2.5 D-Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Chipset – Qualcomm MSM8952 Snapdragon 617
- CPU – Octa-core ARM Cortex-A53, 1.5 GHz, 64-bit
- GPU – Adreno 405
- Memory – 32 GB internal storage with expandable storage up to 128 GB via microSD card, 3 GB RAM
- OS – Andriod 7.0 Nougat
- Primary Camera – 13 MP, f/2.0, autofocus, HDR, dual LED flash
- Secondary Camera – 13 MP camera, autofocus, selfie flash
- Battery – Li-Po 3100 mAh non-removable battery
- Connectivity – Dual SIM with 4.5G LTE Cat7 modem technology. Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C with GM Turbo Charger
- Sensors – Accelerometer, compass
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…
- Jawa 42 Launched in Nepal: Classic Jawa in a Modern Avatar!Jawa 42 is now available in Nepal. Agni MotoInc Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributors of…