Binod Chaudhary, the Chaudhary Group President has climbed up 6 steps on the Forbes billionaire list from his position of last year, with a $200 million rise in his fortune, making him the 1,561st richest person in the planet. Forbes has put Chaudhary’s net worth at $1.5 billion which is a 14.5 percent increase from 2017. His net worth was $1.31 billion in 2017.
According to the latest billionaire list of Forbes, Jeff Bezos is the richest person on the planet. His net worth is at $112 billion. He has moved ahead of Bill Gates, who is currently at second position with a net worth of $90 billion. This is the biggest gap between the top two billionaires in the list since 2001, according to Forbes.
- Chaudhary was featured on the Forbes billionaire list for the first time in 2013.
- Chaudhary controls CG Corp Global and is also a parliament member representing Nepali Congress. CG has established factories of Wai Wai instant noodles in a number of countries, including India, Serbia, Saudi Arabia and Bangladesh.
- CG has also invested in hotels in Asia and Africa with assets consisting of 29 owned and 70 managed properties, including a string of luxury hotels with India’s Taj hotel chain, says Forbes.
- CG’s other business interests include electronics, trading, healthcare, infrastructure, including hydropower, education and real estate.
The latest list features a record of 2,208 billionaires from 72 countries and territories including the first ever from Hungary and Zimbabwe.This elite group is worth $9.1 trillion, up 18 percent than in 2017. Their average net worth is a record $4.1 billion, says Forbes, which had featured 2,043 billionaires in 2017.
Americans still continue to dominate the list with 585 billionaires followed by mainland China with 373 billionaires.
The list also features Nepal-born Acharya Balkrishna as the world’s 274th richest person with a net worth of $6.1 billion.
- E-commerce Companies in Nepal Facing Delivery Challenges, Pledges to Serve Customers Amid LockdownA lot has happened since the first announcement of a weeklong lockdown. But People will…
- Relief Packages Introduced by the Government That We Techies Must Know!The two-week lockdown imposed by the government has caused a huge disruption in the day-to-day…
- It’s Official: OnePlus is All Set to Unveil its 2020 Flagships on April 14!The long wait for flagship killers is finally coming to an end. After pushing the…